PDA

View Full Version : Booyah... Beyond the Claw is in the FG Store

chumbly
March 30th, 2021, 18:52
Booyah... Beyond the Claw is in the FG Store got released in the store March 30...
UWP and other data for Spinward Marches and Deneb Sectors

The marches are open for travelling....:D

Big Thanx to MadBeardMan, Mongoose, and Smiteworks...

JohnD
March 30th, 2021, 19:28
Is that price accurate?

GregRex
March 30th, 2021, 21:51
YES!

JohnD my exact reaction when pulling it up. I went to the Mongoose website and confirmed that is the MSRP for the physical product.

Grommit57
March 31st, 2021, 20:06
Wish it wasn't so expensive. We need that Traveller Bundle!

MadBeardMan
April 2nd, 2021, 22:33
Wish it wasn't so expensive. We need that Traveller Bundle!

Yea, I will ask again!

Though the lesser the price you pay reduces my beer fund :)

Cheers,
MBM

Grommit57
April 2nd, 2021, 23:17
Can't be messing with the beer fund! Buying...

You do good work Sir. Keep at it. I'll keep buying bundle or not.

RobP
May 15th, 2021, 12:11
One thing that concerns me is that the FG Store doesn't show any maps - which for a map centric supplement seems a bit odd. If it has the maps, I think it will be worth the money. If not, the product is kind of missing the point. Can anyone with this expansion confirm whether the subsector maps are included?

GregRex
May 15th, 2021, 12:42
Attached is a filtered screenshot with some examples. I want to point out that there are 9 pages of System data in it as well.

esmdev
May 15th, 2021, 12:53
Attached is a filtered screenshot with some examples. I want to point out that there are 9 pages of System data in it as well.

Was just getting ready to post a screenshot too, beat me too it. :)

Also, there are races, items, and everything else from the books. it's quite an extensive expansion.

Dolphins in power armor for the win! :)

MadBeardMan
May 15th, 2021, 13:01
One thing that concerns me is that the FG Store doesn't show any maps - which for a map centric supplement seems a bit odd. If it has the maps, I think it will be worth the money. If not, the product is kind of missing the point. Can anyone with this expansion confirm whether the subsector maps are included?

Hi RobP,

That's a good question. When I supply images for the store they don't specify what they are, I tend to specify what data you'll get and examples of images etc. What I will do in the future is also supply an image with sector maps. Every single image/map in a Mongoose product is part of the Fantasy Grounds module.

Cheers,
MBM

RobP
May 15th, 2021, 13:08

This just made my buy list :) Thanks for sharing the screenshot :) I can't help thinking FG should replace one of the app background images, with your picture, so that people know they are getting the maps!

RobP
May 15th, 2021, 13:12
Hi RobP,

That's a good question. When I supply images for the store they don't specify what they are, I tend to specify what data you'll get and examples of images etc. What I will do in the future is also supply an image with sector maps. Every single image/map in a Mongoose product is part of the Fantasy Grounds module.

Cheers,
MBM

Just made my buy list for next pay day :) I think FG need to either improve their descriptions. I'm pretty sure it alludes to a double sided poster map too - which for a digital product seems very odd. For this product, it would definitely benefit from showing screen shots of at least one subsector map as this is why people will be buying the module :)

esmdev
May 15th, 2021, 19:31
Just made my buy list for next pay day :) I think FG need to either improve their descriptions. I'm pretty sure it alludes to a double sided poster map too - which for a digital product seems very odd. For this product, it would definitely benefit from showing screen shots of at least one subsector map as this is why people will be buying the module :)

FG products usually reprint whatever the publisher has on the back cover or whatever equivalent blurb. So it sometimes doesn't exactly match the FG content but I think that is more of a publisher thing than a SmiteWorks thing.

RobP
May 15th, 2021, 20:27
I think it could be a Smiteworks thing as they are the ones offering to sell a software product with a double sided map! The buyer is buying from Smiteworks rather than Mongoose. Kind of shows a lack of quality control. Still, if anyone official is reading this thread, it's a trivial thing to change the content of a website :)