PDA

View Full Version : Images with pins shared between campaigns

Olmac1
March 30th, 2021, 18:51
I have an image that has a bunch of pins in it. I want to use the image, pins and all in another campaign as well as the one I have created it in. How can I do this? If it maters, this is in the 5e rules set.

Thanks for any help.

Trenloe
March 30th, 2021, 19:20
Export your data to a module: https://fantasygroundsunity.atlassian.net/wiki/spaces/FGCP/pages/996640899/Using+the+Library+and+Activating+Modules#Module-Export

Olmac1
March 30th, 2021, 19:50
I had found that method, I was just hoping for an easier solution.

What I created was images for for lists of items for sale in stores. I created all the parcels so the players only need to drag the item to their inventory. I included a negative monetary value so it would be subtracted from the characters wealth when they dragged the parcel on to the character sheet.

I guess that means dragging each parcel individually into the export window (I think there is a couple hundred). That or every parcel in the campaign would be added. I guess I should have thought this through more before I started and made a campaign to do this in.

I guess I get to make my first module. Live and learn.

Thanks for the response.

Trenloe
March 30th, 2021, 19:54
Make a copy of your current campaign - rename the directory to something like "My module making campaign". Load that campaign up and delete all of the data you don't want in your module. Then export the remaining data into a module - and use that module in your campaigns. When you need to make changes to the module, open up "My module making campaign", make your changes and export to a module (overwriting the previous module you exported).

LordEntrails
March 30th, 2021, 19:56
See link in my signature with advice on module creation best practices.

Olmac1
March 30th, 2021, 19:58
Thanks guys, awesome.