PDA

View Full Version : Maps going black (except for tokens) randomly...

njhiker
March 30th, 2021, 14:49
I've been having an issue with FGU - maps have been randomly going black, either when initially shared or randomly during encounters. It doesn't happen for all PCs involved, just one or a couple. Sometimes it can be solved by the affected player closing the window and I reshare it, but sometimes that won't work. Seems very random when it happens and whether resharing will work. Has anyone encountered this? Any ideas as to what it could be? Thanks!

Zacchaeus
March 30th, 2021, 15:45
The first thing to always check is whether any extensions are causing the issue. Make sure you test in a new campaign without extensions. It may also be useful to detail the ruleset you are using and whether you are on Live or Test and whether this only happens on one map or several; and whether these maps are from a published module/self created/obtained elsewhere.

LordEntrails
March 30th, 2021, 18:33
Link in my signature that can help you identify/resolve issues and then help you provide the info needed to help trouble shoot.

njhiker
March 30th, 2021, 19:19
The first thing to always check is whether any extensions are causing the issue. Make sure you test in a new campaign without extensions. It may also be useful to detail the ruleset you are using and whether you are on Live or Test and whether this only happens on one map or several; and whether these maps are from a published module/self created/obtained elsewhere.

Sorry! Running FGU clean without extensions, using ruleset 5E, and it's happened on several maps. Some are homemade jpegs, some are from modules (Rime of the Frostmaiden right now if that helps) - there doesn't seem to be a pattern to the origin of the maps themselves causing the issue.

Thanks!

Weissrolf
March 30th, 2021, 19:36
Best way to handle this situation is to ask the player to restart FGU, because that seems to be more reliable than the whole reshare routine. Remove the PC character from combat tracker before the relogin and then place the PC back on the CT and from there on the map. Make sure the player then clicks on the token.

Try to find out if the player(s) being affected use weaker PCs, there could be a pattern here.