PDA

View Full Version : Token position mismatch GM vs. player

Weissrolf
March 30th, 2021, 12:09
Ahoi.

When tokens are locked and moved over masked areas via movement approval (LoS disabled) then players see their token stop at the masked area (even 1 pixel thin), but GMs see the token move on to its destination. At this point tokens are out of sync between players and GM until the token is moved again.

Zacchaeus
March 30th, 2021, 15:35
I'm not seeing this (if I'm understanding the issue correctly). As soon as a token hits a mask line then it stops for both player and DM. In the images below we see a proposed move by a player token from one unmasked area to another with a bit of masked area between the two, The second image shows the token position after the move is approved. Token stops at the edge of the mask for both player and DM.

Are you not seeing this? And are you testing without extensions? Or is this not the issue that you are talking about.

Weissrolf
March 30th, 2021, 15:52
I will test localhost with and without extensions again and report back.

Weissrolf
March 30th, 2021, 18:04
Map from Agents of Edgewatch AP 1, LoS disabled, Mask enabled, animated GIF:

https://i.imgur.com/Xv03UmH.gif

No extensions loaded. This only happens when LoS is disabled.

LordEntrails
March 30th, 2021, 18:42
PF1? or what ruleset?
oh, and test or live? i.e. what version?

Weissrolf
March 30th, 2021, 19:13
Pathfinder 2, Agent of Edgewatch AP 1 module (map name not revealed for possible spoilers) as bought from the SW shop, Live, v4.0.10 (2021-02-04).

Weissrolf
March 30th, 2021, 19:21
Same happens with the FG Battle Maps, so it's not related to the specific map.

Weissrolf
March 31st, 2021, 01:13
Sorry, forgot to use a "not" in the last post. It is "not" related to the specific map we experienced it first, but can also be reproduced using the FG Battle Maps.

Moon Wizard
March 31st, 2021, 02:24
I was unable to recreate this issue in the latest Test build for v4.1 that is currently in beta testing; so I believe this will be addressed shortly.

Regards,
JPG

Weissrolf
March 31st, 2021, 02:47
Great, thanks for checking! I return to manually moving tokens with LoS being disabled for the time being then, which I already do when LoS is enabled anyway.