PDA

View Full Version : Duplicate tokens during movement with mouse button press

Ecks
March 30th, 2021, 02:19
I have a player who uses a mouse button (Mouse 5) for push to talk, and if they press it while moving their token it'll create a duplicate.

I was able to recreate with my mouse using the forward/back buttons on the side:

GM: Open map, add token from CT to map, share map
GM: Unlock token movement
Player: Select token and begin moving it, then press mouse back button while still moving token (i.e. left mouse click held down)
Player: There is now a "ghost" token fixed to the cursor that follows, even after releasing all mouse buttons
Player: Click and hold left mouse button within the map window which will now move map window around. Move the map window around a bit and then, after releasing left click, the duplicate token will be created.
Both tokens can be selected and moved by GM or Player. The duplicate doesn't have a health dot and doesn't appear to be linked to the character sheet.

Notes:

The map used was BattleMap01 from FG Battle Maps module
Line of Sight is enabled
The "ghost" token can be created in a similar way on the GM client, but it doesn't duplicate the token like on the player client.

Tested with GM/player client over localhost
Ruleset: 5e v2021-03-03
FGU: v4.0.10 2021-02-04
No extensions, no themes
Windows 10

Moon Wizard
March 30th, 2021, 22:18
Thank you so much! We've been trying to track down this issue forever! I was able to recreate immediately using your steps.

Regards,
JPG