PDA

View Full Version : Is there an Extension to minimize headers in Actions Tab?

Klandare
March 29th, 2021, 20:25
Been seeing a slow down in FGU and FGC both when a character sheet has a lot of sections/items on the Action tab. So for characters like casters and druids with wildshapes lists that are extensive seem to make it much slower.

If you minimize the headers for the sections then it improves greatly.

So I was wondering if there was an extension that could be used that would have the headers section in the Action tab to be minimized. This could be as an automatic thing or a button that will do it per user.

SilentRuin
March 29th, 2021, 20:34
Been seeing a slow down in FGU and FGC both when a character sheet has a lot of sections/items on the Action tab. So for characters like casters and druids with wildshapes lists that are extensive seem to make it much slower.

If you minimize the headers for the sections then it improves greatly.

So I was wondering if there was an extension that could be used that would have the headers section in the Action tab to be minimized. This could be as an automatic thing or a button that will do it per user.

Curious - why would wildshapes list be in action tab as spell/powers?

Klandare
March 29th, 2021, 20:38
Curious - why would wildshapes list be in action tab as spell/powers?

We use the add ons from DiabloBob and Rob2E for automating wildshapes (and polymorph) so you can pull in the shapes onto the Action tab just like a spell (this goes also for things like automating feats/class features/special weapon functions/etc).

SilentRuin
March 29th, 2021, 20:40
We use the add ons from DiabloBob and Rob2E for automating wildshapes (and polymorph) so you can pull in the shapes onto the Action tab just like a spell (this goes also for things like automating feats/class features/special weapon functions/etc).

Ah. Never used it thanks for info.

Klandare
March 29th, 2021, 20:49
Some of them would be similar to your generic actions and equipped effects.

Adding items over on the Actions tab to make it easier to utilize when necessary.

But it seems the more you put on that tab the slower the system is for things. So wanting to minimize the headers which seems to help.

Although you can do it yourself...that only last for the current game session.

SilentRuin
March 29th, 2021, 22:41
Some of them would be similar to your generic actions and equipped effects.

Adding items over on the Actions tab to make it easier to utilize when necessary.

But it seems the more you put on that tab the slower the system is for things. So wanting to minimize the headers which seems to help.

Although you can do it yourself...that only last for the current game session.

I guess I've never seen the delay - though I have the odd caster that has a ton of stuff in there (by ton I mean maybe 20-30 things).

Klandare
March 29th, 2021, 23:49
this might not be as bad as I was thinking before in FGU. It is slow when you first open the Actions tab but after that for the current game session it does not seem so bad.

Now, it would be great if the header sections on the Actions tab were minimized that it would remember that between game sessions as it is a pain to go through them and minimize them each time. This is for things like spells/shapes/weapon/specials that you don't use that often and just want to more easily scroll through the things that you do use often (one of my players went so far on some of the shapes to adjust the header name so the CR0 which he almost never used were down at the bottom of the sheet.

It would be nice if there was an extension to either remember the headers that are minimized or to hit a button and all of them minimize.