PDA

View Full Version : How to quick roll initiative for newly added combatant or one without initiative?

Valyar
March 29th, 2021, 07:41
Is there a way (or free extension that I couldn't locate with search) to roll from CT the initiative of newly added combatants without re-rolling every NPC? I don't see such option for either PC or NPC and from what I researched I have to give $10 for extension in DM's Guild.

Trenloe
March 29th, 2021, 09:03
When you add an NPC to the combat tracker (either via drag/drop or from an encounter) FG rolls the initiative for them.

There's also a re-roll option via the CT menu, but this will re-roll all PCs, NPCs, or both PCs and NPCx.

Are you wanting to re-roll already rolled initiative? Or aren't you seeing FG rolling the initiative for NPCs initially?

Zacchaeus
March 29th, 2021, 09:14
An initiative roll is basically a dex check; so open the NPC sheet and click the small 'S' beside the dexterity ability of the creature and then just manually enter that into the CT for that creatures initiative. There isn't a way to roll it from the CT menu. An alternative - as Trenloe points out - is to turn on the initiative auto add in option. This will automatically roll initiatives for all NPCs when they are placed on the CT.

Valyar
March 29th, 2021, 09:59
Trenloe, Zacchaeus thanks for the pointer to the Add: Auto NPC initiative, this definitely sorted out the issue when I add NPC to CT. I completely forgot about this option when I was setting up the campaign weeks ago. 90% of the use-cases are now addressed. I am getting fond of D&D 5e ruleset more and more.

It would be perfect if there was a way to re-roll initiative for single combatant, though doing it manually is minor inconvenience I can live with.

damned
March 29th, 2021, 11:44
https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?67448-Chop-And-Change

Valyar
March 29th, 2021, 12:09
https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?67448-Chop-And-Change

You are the man!

Ludd_G
March 29th, 2021, 13:51
I think you can right click an entry on the Combat Tracker to re-roll just that character/NPCs initiative?

Valyar
March 29th, 2021, 14:15
I think you can right click an entry on the Combat Tracker to re-roll just that character/NPCs initiative?
This is functionality of one extension available on DM's Guild, not part of the standard context-menu in CT.

Ludd_G
March 29th, 2021, 14:19
Well, I learn something new everyday! I'm so used to using extensions that I forget that really useful things may actually be additions rather than stock FG! Loving the look of Damned's extension above... the list gets ever longer! :D

Kelrugem
March 29th, 2021, 22:56
This is functionality of one extension available on DM's Guild, not part of the standard context-menu in CT.

When you click on menu, then you can also roll for all, all NPCs or all PCs also in the native ruleset :) (EDIT: Ah, nevermind, it is just about that entry, I read somehow "all (N)PCs" :D The fate of reading too quickly :D)