PDA

View Full Version : What happened to the Library?

Frunobulax
March 28th, 2021, 23:59
I don't know exactly when this changed, but it did. Previously, the list of buttons down the right side of the FG screen included things like races, classes, spells, etc. And one could pick and choose which of those to show by using a nice little checkbox dialog in the "Library" window where you load and unload your books. Very nice, very neat, worked fine. Whether this was a change that happened in Unity or not, I don't know - I switched from classic to Unity a few months back and hadn't so far needed to customize anything since it was set up the way I wanted for each campaign.

But I just created a new campaign and now... well, there are buttons down the right side, but not Classes, Races, Spells, etc. So I think "OK, maybe I just need to customize them". But when I go to the place where previously I could check and uncheck each button.... that section isn't there anymore.

In short, how do I enable and disable the right-hand buttons now? Thanks.

Dire Weasel
March 29th, 2021, 00:05
This has moved to Options.

Frunobulax
March 29th, 2021, 00:21
Thanks, Dire Weasel!

Note to Smiteworks: the ones you pick by default are extremely sub-optimal. You picked all the useless ones to show by default and hid the useful ones. I suggest you have a poll or something to see which ones people want there by default.

SilentRuin
March 29th, 2021, 00:32
Thanks, Dire Weasel!

Note to Smiteworks: the ones you pick by default are extremely sub-optimal. You picked all the useless ones to show by default and hid the useful ones. I suggest you have a poll or something to see which ones people want there by default.

If your a month plus out of date realize you will have to update any extensions you have or disable them. Just FYI.

SilentRuin
March 29th, 2021, 00:50
Also, before you wonder at all the other changes from back then... here...

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/932802566

superteddy57
March 29th, 2021, 02:29
Thanks, Dire Weasel!

We do appreciate your feedback. As those are set by the ruleset itself, it would also help which ruleset you are referring to in partiuclar.

Zacchaeus
March 29th, 2021, 09:47
Thanks, Dire Weasel!

This is extremely subjective as to what is optimal. I just started a new campaign and the buttons displayed (in 5e) are the ones that would be used for running a campaign - which seems perfect to me. And the ability to select groups of buttons such as for character creation is the work of a couple of seconds to change. Personally I have all selected in all campaigns.

mac40k
March 29th, 2021, 14:37
This is extremely subjective as to what is optimal. I just started a new campaign and the buttons displayed (in 5e) are the ones that would be used for running a campaign - which seems perfect to me. And the ability to select groups of buttons such as for character creation is the work of a couple of seconds to change. Personally I have all selected in all campaigns.

When the buttons were larger the pre-defines sets made more sense, although I always customized my choices rather than use the presets, but now that the text only buttons don’t take up as much space, there’s really no reason not to just have all the buttons showing, especially for GMs. I suppose on a really low resolution screen they might not all fit, but on my system, they fit with lots of blank space left over.

Moon Wizard
March 30th, 2021, 04:32
Remember, you can drag the presets from the Sidebar options window onto your hot key bar to change them quickly between different sets.

Regards,
JPG