PDA

View Full Version : Problems with clearing cache and console errors

Vulpexa
March 28th, 2021, 20:33
Since updating this morning the program is not working properly. I wasn't able to view player tokens in the combat tracker, so I tried to clear the cache and got an error that said "path error in recursive delete". I uninstalled, reinstalled, double checked the folder permissions. \ I reentered my game and tried to reapply my sidebar and other settings and am just getting the console popping up with errors. I'd appreciate some help, thank you!

Zacchaeus
March 28th, 2021, 22:06
Welcome to FG.

What ruleset? Are you using any extensions? Have you tested in a new campaign without extensions?

damned
March 28th, 2021, 22:07
Hi Vulpexa

2E ruleset?
GMs dont have a cache to clear - only players do.
Can you create a new blank 2E campaign.
Close FG.
Open the FG Data folder.
In the Live campaign find a recent DB backup from before the time of issues.
Copy that file to the new 2E campaign.
Rename the new 2E campaigns db.xml to db.xml.new and then rename the db backup to db.xml
Fire up the new campaign and test?
Does the issue persist?

Vulpexa
March 28th, 2021, 23:26
2e, I am a player, not a GM. As far as I know there are no extensions - I'm brand new to fantasy grounds so I'm not sure how extensions work player side.

Vulpexa
March 28th, 2021, 23:27
Hi Vulpexa

2E ruleset?
GMs dont have a cache to clear - only players do.
Can you create a new blank 2E campaign.
Close FG.
Open the FG Data folder.
In the Live campaign find a recent DB backup from before the time of issues.
Copy that file to the new 2E campaign.
Rename the new 2E campaigns db.xml to db.xml.new and then rename the db backup to db.xml
Fire up the new campaign and test?
Does the issue persist?

I am a player, not a Gm. Should I still follow your instructions?

damned
March 28th, 2021, 23:39
Hi Vulpexa

No. As a player there are only 3 things for you to try -
make sure your FG is up to date
clear the cache
release your character(s) and then re-select them

Trenloe
March 29th, 2021, 09:09
I reentered my game and tried to reapply my sidebar and other settings and am just getting the console popping up with errors. I'd appreciate some help, thank you!
See this thread: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?66540-Sidebar-will-not-load-Gives-error

If you have the menu style set to not show the sidebar buttons, you'll get errors when you try to set the sidebar buttons.

The error you have when clearing the cache will be related to access rights or some file within the cache that can't be deleted.