PDA

View Full Version : Can't purchase FG Unity specific items on Steam

Apocrypha
March 26th, 2021, 21:10
Not sure this is the right place for this post however it is at least related to Unity. I tried to buy the FG Unity Spell Templates on Steam today and it wouldn't let me saying I needed to own Unity first, which I do own just not through steam. I find it much more convenient to purchase through steam as it's already in my local currency. Anyone aware of this and is there a way to make it work?

Trenloe
March 26th, 2021, 21:39
Make sure you've activated FG on Steam using your license key.

Details here: https://steamcommunity.com/app/252690/discussions/2/558755530621472814/

Apocrypha
March 27th, 2021, 03:55
Oh, I see. Interesting. I guess I have to move everything from my existing installation to the new path now.

Zacchaeus
March 27th, 2021, 10:39
Oh, I see. Interesting. I guess I have to move everything from my existing installation to the new path now.

No, you don't. There is no new path. All that Steam does is create a shortcut to wherever you installed FG.

EXP ZER0
March 27th, 2021, 15:27
Make sure you've activated FG on Steam using your license key.

Details here: https://steamcommunity.com/app/252690/discussions/2/558755530621472814/

I purchased the standard Fantasy Grounds Unity Monthly Subscription ($3.99) from Fantasy Grounds, and I am trying to activate the code on Steam by following the directions you linked to. The problem is that Steam keeps saying that my code is invalid. Does Steam not recognize the monthly level subscriptions? I noticed that Steam itself appears to only offer the ultimate licenses or various upgrades from FG Classic. Is this the problem I'm facing?

Zacchaeus
March 27th, 2021, 16:20
If you purchased the license recently then it is likely that Steam has yet to be informed of that fact. Smiteworks send details of licenses purchased from the store every 6 weeks or so. So until Steam gets to know about your license you won't be able to activate it in Steam.

And welcome to FG.

EXP ZER0
March 27th, 2021, 16:54
Ah! That makes perfect sense. I just made my purchase the other day. Thanks for the clarification! Glad to be here! I'm a first time player that sparked interest among my family and now we are trying it out.