PDA

View Full Version : Switching to FGU from FGC - some questions related to Line of Sight

Romidar
March 26th, 2021, 19:02
I've been running a couple campaigns in FGC for a while and finally decided to try switching over to FGU (I was in the kickstarter, but haven't wanted to invest the time in learning the new tools - but decided to take the plunge).

I managed to take one of my existing encounter maps and create walls, doors etc. with no problem - can move a token around the map and it works as expected (mostly). However, I'm having some issues with how I run FG that is making it a little difficult for me to get my head around it.

I do not have my players log in - I run two instances on my machine and share the player instance on a TV (or in Webex/Zoom during the pandemic). This has been working really well in FGC.

However, this is a little clunky now with line of sight. I have two primary issues (the second I can get by without a fix):

It seems like the only way to switch to a different character's view is by having it be their turn in initiative; is this correct, or am I missing a way to do this? (In Foundry VTT, you can just select a different token and see what it would see.)
Is there a way to set a creature's vision (e.g., darkvision, devil's sight, etc.) so that the amount they can see is restricted by lighting, not just physical objects like walls?

The first issue is the killer for me based on the way I use FG (shared player screen) - it may lead me to switch to Foundry unless there's a way for me to easily switch between character views.

If anyone can give me a clue as to how to do this, I'd appreciate it.

Sulimo
March 26th, 2021, 19:17
As long as you do not have party vision on in settings, you should be able to click on different tokens (on the map) and see different LoS.

Lighting (like darkvision), is currently in Beta testing, once that is complete, it will be set to the live channel.