PDA

View Full Version : Test Channel - Source Light sharing bug

fabiocm
March 25th, 2021, 16:12
Hello.

I'm using the test channel to use the light sources for playing in dark areas, and I want to report a bug detected during our last session.

I'm GMing.

I configured the light from each token before the session. I could see the light sources normally on the fly. Then I tried to share the map individually with the player whose the character was there and he saw nothing (I dragged the map link onto the portrait).

The player only could see the lights when I shared the map with everyone (right click - share). Besides that, he only could see the lights if a share with everyone AFTER the token settings for lights were adjusted. They couldn't see the changes on the fly.

So, to enable the sources of lights for them, I had to set the lights, then share de map. I had to did this each time some changes were done in the map.

That is it.

Besides that I would like to say Great Work with the sources of light and the new interface. It is really good.

Zacchaeus
March 25th, 2021, 16:55
I think the idea is that PC token lighting should be dealt with via effects rather than adding them to the token directly from the map interface.

fabiocm
March 25th, 2021, 17:09
But the effects are not D&D5th only?

Where are the light effects? (it not appears on the effect lists)

LordEntrails
March 25th, 2021, 17:21
MOD: moved to Laboratory. Please have all Test channel discussion in the Laboratory.

dogfisc
March 25th, 2021, 18:07
Are these the effects you’re looking for?
https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?66972-FG-Unity-Beta-Release-v4-1&p=586139&viewfull=1#post586139

fabiocm
March 25th, 2021, 21:22
Yes. Thanks. I'll try it an see if I need to reshare the image for the lights to work from the player side.