PDA

View Full Version : LFg sci-fi non-utopian type game weekends GMT

Spacecookie
March 24th, 2021, 20:19
Hi, still looking for a game to play. I have FG ulti, though never used FGU so just have the free client for that.

I am available all weekend, GMT time-zone, until about 11.00pm. Us old folks need their bed times after all.

Not after science-fantasy. Nor do I seek the Dungeons and the dragons, for my quest is to the stars, maybe. Idk. Wherever the space-ship leads.

I've played, and run RPGs for many, many years. Just hoping to have a little bit of excitement and discovery between the stars. This'll be my last try here.

I like the sort of sci-fi flims like 2001, Rendezvous with Rama, Alien, Mass effect, Terminator, Blade Runner, The Expanse, Fringe, etc, etc. Something with a more realistic air.
Air? In space? What sort of drugs are you on?
Oh, just the normal kind.

Spacecookie
March 27th, 2021, 22:56
Going to bump this once.

Surely there's a game I can join. Anyone?

Ethanos
April 2nd, 2021, 23:22
Hey, Spacecookie,

I understand this may not be exactly the game type you are looking for... but it's sort-of sci-fi and is 110% utopian. I am starting a game which takes place in the 1920s (real life), in the worlds of H.P. Lovecraft (aka they contain the Cthulhu Mythos). The game system is Call of Cthulhu 7th edition, which is a horror RPG, themed around investigation into the actions of the Cthulhu Mythos, and the cults following it. I realize I've given a terrible description of the game but I don't want to spend 20 minutes typing out something for someone who is just going to be uninterested. So, if you ARE interested, please send me a friend request on discord (Ethanos#2119), or click here (https://discord.gg/HsZcer2775) to join the discord server!

Also, just some info on the requirements for the game -- you will need Discord. You can use the free version of Fantasy Grounds Unity -- I have the ultimate license. Also, if you don't want to game with minors (individuals >18), then don't join -- I am 15.

Thanks,
Ethan Hofer

Ethanos
April 2nd, 2021, 23:30
Hey, Spacecookie,

I understand this may not be exactly the game type you are looking for... but it's sort-of sci-fi and is 110% utopian. I am starting a game which takes place in the 1920s (real life), in the worlds of H.P. Lovecraft (aka they contain the Cthulhu Mythos). The game system is Call of Cthulhu 7th edition, which is a horror RPG, themed around investigation into the actions of the Cthulhu Mythos, and the cults following it. I realize I've given a terrible description of the game but I don't want to spend 20 minutes typing out something for someone who is just going to be uninterested. So, if you ARE interested, please send me a friend request on discord (Ethanos#2119), or click here (https://discord.gg/HsZcer2775) to join the discord server!

Also, just some info on the requirements for the game -- you will need Discord. You can use the free version of Fantasy Grounds Unity -- I have the ultimate license. Also, if you don't want to game with minors (individuals >18), then don't join -- I am 15.

Thanks,
Ethan Hofer

Ethanos
April 2nd, 2021, 23:31
OOPS! I accidentally sent the message twice (I have no clue how). Sorry about that!

Spacecookie
April 4th, 2021, 03:35
Thank you for reaching out Ethan. I appreciate you doing that. It's so quiet here otherwise.

I have to honestly say that I am torn about your invitation, because I want to do some gaming. I really enjoy sitting around a table, even virtually, and doing exciting adventure-based things. The problem for me though is that I wanted to do future stuff, or maybe even present day. I'm not totally keen on the 'sanity' mechanic that CoC employs. It's too much like a clock against the life of a character, and limits game play too much.

And I would say don't focus so much on your age. I still remember what it was like at your age and the want to immerse myself in the exciting worlds of imagination, as offered by rpgs. Your age shouldn't be a limiting factor for you. :)

Ethanos
April 4th, 2021, 15:29
Okay, so if this helps to sway your decision, I am running a Pulp Game... meaning that your characters are a bit more heroic, and that makes Sanity a bit less damaging and helps to extend the "clock" on your characters, at the least, since you regain a LOT more sanity at the end of a session. I picked this format of play (official, don't worry), because, IMO, PC loss is NOT fun. The threat of it is, but once it actually happens, all it does is break immersion (because all it really means is you roll up a new character and the GM has to improvise a way for them to join the party). And, as this is a very large campaign, it is (at least to me), pretty important not to lose PCs every step of the way. So I, along with my existing player, picked Pulp. The big difference is that Pulp is a BIT more lighthearted, although it still has a good amount of the original theme of CoC. So let me know if you're interested.

Also, another note on the Pulp -- it has this thing called, "Weird Science," meaning that, effectively, you get access to things like Death Rays (no idea if that's what you meant by future stuff or not), as well as time travel and stuff of that nature... so I have no idea if that kinda matches "future stuff," but that's just what I understand as futuristic (excluding Star Trek-y things).

Thanks,
Ethan