PDA

View Full Version : Looking for players to start a group

Icy
March 24th, 2021, 01:35
Hello. Long time D and D player...all the way back to 1st edition, and every edition in between. Recently my regular group had to part ways and I am looking for 3-4 reliable regular players who also have the potential to DM (I don't want to DM all the time.). I have both versions of FG, but at the moment still prefer the original. Have many of the materials for 5e. I am not a D and D Nazi and am not looking for uptight people who think they are having fun but aren't...and no one around them is either :). I want to do a Forgotten Realms based campaign with just a couple minor house rules. I have a first adventure ready to go. Normally I play once a week for anywhere between 2-5 hours, whatever everyone is available to play. I use Discord and Hamachi. I am pretty well versed in FG and I am very well versed in D and D. I enjoy campaigns that are a good mix of story/role-playing and fighting. Anyway, if you are a fun loving, semi laid back player looking for a regular group, let me know. I will be checking back here regularly for the next couple of days. Thanks, and I hope everyone finds what they seek:)

Hello, sorry but I clearly left out some useful information, so I'm adding it now, I apologize for any issues this caused. First, I am in the Eastern Standard Time zone. I am looking to play between the hours of 6pm and 2am my time on any day that four other players can regularly (once a week) meet up. I have flexible availability on what day of the week, but obviously everyone needs to be available the same day. Second, I would like at least two of the other people participating in this campaign to be able to DM/GM as well, as I am looking for a fluid ever changing narrative with multiple directors so to speak. I have the initial session/adventure ready to go, from there whether they be one offs or picking up where i left off and going with it, the DM's would rotate as much as possible.

My beginning adventure take place in a version of the Forgotten Realms, I say version not because I have home brewed or changed anything, but that it's D and D, so anything can happen. 'I do have some house rules' that I use, and they seem to be one of the things that people ask about right off. They all seem reasonable to me lol, but they are after all house rules I use, anyway happy to discuss them. I am Icy#7379 on discord. Happy to talk to anyone interested. Have a great day.

MooGaff
March 24th, 2021, 19:28
I'm very reliable and also pretty laid back. Enjoy the game and would like to consider a long term group. Current avail. is Saturday evenings EST. Let me know if this works and we can discuss more to see if I'd be a good fit for what you have in mind.

Moof

Doc_Z
March 24th, 2021, 21:41
Vetran DnD player here, friend and I are looking for a group, both willing and able to DM. My schedule is best for evenings after 6pm CST till whenever.. with Sat and Sun Open, his schedule is open. Both pretty chill and laid back as far as rules go, they shouldn't bog down the fun imo, anyway, we both use FG full Ulti edt. and most if not all the settings books (im not including the wild settings, ie Rick&morty,Strangerthings, Adv. Inc.) so happy to host and run our own games as well. We too had an issue with our normal table group, some of them just aren't willing to make the move to digital and with the distance and scheduling and current state of the world, the digital age is just more convenient. let me know if you need 2 more, so far the search for a steady group has proven unfruitful.

Irish Sailor
March 24th, 2021, 23:25
I'm available most evenings, except Friday, EST. I have an in person game that runs alternating/occasional Saturday afternoons (DM is in the navy, so it works around his schedule). I haven't DM'd before, and have no idea how to do it in FG, but would be willing to once I'm more familiar with it.

GLDavis
March 24th, 2021, 23:28
Experienced with DnD, have played some on FGU and have taken some classes with Fantasy Grounds College(very helpful. I started DnD with first edition, could not paly consistently because of being in a small town but kept up with the game through reading etc. Played pretty much any CRPG that came along, especially those based on DnD. I am reluctant to say I would DM, perhaps after learning the mechanics of FG a little more I would consider it. I am laid back, available all but Sat evenings for now and am very much interested in a long term campaign with some good comrades to learn and grow with. I am in a campaign on Saturday evening, have been for a bout a month. It is sandbox, I enjoy it, but would really like to get into a campaign with some meat to it and some definitive activities. I am in eastern time zone and am flexible on timeframe. Let me know, it sounds fun!

yogi6464
March 25th, 2021, 03:38
I would be interested in playing. I'm in my 40's and am a single father with custody of my 2 kids. Weekends would work well especially Friday and Saturday evenings after 8pm EST. I have been playing various forms of RPGs since around 10 years old. I usually enjoy playing a ranger or barbarian class but have started using a cleric and have been enjoying learning that class also. I'm pretty laid back but looking for something permanent group wise.

grohduk
March 26th, 2021, 05:00
id be interested in joining your group
and yes i also dm aswell

Icy
March 26th, 2021, 06:49
Vetran DnD player here, friend and I are looking for a group, both willing and able to DM. My schedule is best for evenings after 6pm CST till whenever.. with Sat and Sun Open, his schedule is open. Both pretty chill and laid back as far as rules go, they shouldn't bog down the fun imo, anyway, we both use FG full Ulti edt. and most if not all the settings books (im not including the wild settings, ie Rick&morty,Strangerthings, Adv. Inc.) so happy to host and run our own games as well. We too had an issue with our normal table group, some of them just aren't willing to make the move to digital and with the distance and scheduling and current state of the world, the digital age is just more convenient. let me know if you need 2 more, so far the search for a steady group has proven unfruitful.

Hi there. I'd love to chat it up with you. If you use discord shoot me a request at Icy#7379.

toasty1970
March 26th, 2021, 19:58
This sounds up my alley. I have been playing for awhile too. Started in 2nd edition but haven't played 5 just read the manual awhile ago. Very laid back Weekends (friday earlier try to play darts at night, Sat more available)

themooch13
March 27th, 2021, 03:16
Hi. My husband and I are looking for a group. We both know 5e well and he has experience DMing. We are available Sundays, Mondays, and Fridays, but prefer Fridays. Hubby prefers to play support characters, I enjoy playing anything but wizards. Message me if there's room at the table or if you have questions. :)

RogueDK
March 27th, 2021, 04:11
Hello.

Been playing 5e using FG for a few years now. GM'ing for a couple of months. I would love to join more 5e games set in Forgotten Realms.
I would class myself as a casual player. I do like sticking to the rules, but the fun of the game is always more important.
I can play Sundays, Mondays or Tuesdays. Anytime from 18:00 to 00:00 GMT.
Only interested in long term groups but dont mind swapping every now and again.
I have FG licence. If FGU is needed then I'll look into that.

Let me know if you are interested.
You can send me a message on Discord: RogueDK#9712 or here.

Icy
March 27th, 2021, 12:08
Hi, yes there are spots available. Lots of interest but only in the last day have there been those with available lining up. I am Icy#7379 on discord. Would love to talk to you. Just a few things to toss out as i have had issues in the past...I follow 95% of the rules pretty straight, the other 5% i view as guidelines and so there is a smidge of house ruling when I DM, nothing that should rain on any ones day. I'm not a D and D nazi as in I'm here to have fun, be serious but have fun. I don't deal with racist people or people who feel the need to rant about their politics. I want to play d and d and anyone who wants to join in and have fun is welcome. I am looking for a 'baton hand off' style campaign...ie I do not want to DM all the time. I get stuck doing that too much. I want a couple people DM'ing who can take the campaign in a direction after another's adventure. I don't care if those session's are one off's or the furthering of a narrative. I'm pretty laid back, but keep control of the game when I DM. My style varies. Sometimes I use a lot of maps and tokens and sometimes I use different visual aids and theater of the mind for combat. It just depends lol. I like to have a decent amount of both story/rp and combat, adventure in my sessions as a DM. I don't purposely kill characters, but no one gets a a completely free ride. If you do something ill advised in game, you pay the piper so to speak. Anyway, if that sounds like what you are looking for give me a shout :)

Icy
March 27th, 2021, 12:11
abc

Icy
March 27th, 2021, 12:13
Hi. My husband and I are looking for a group. We both know 5e well and he has experience DMing. We are available Sundays, Mondays, and Fridays, but prefer Fridays. Hubby prefers to play support characters, I enjoy playing anything but wizards. Message me if there's room at the table or if you have questions. :)

Hi, yes there are spots available. Lots of interest but only in the last day have there been those with available lining up. I am Icy#7379 on discord. Would love to talk to you. Just a few things to toss out as i have had issues in the past...I follow 95% of the rules pretty straight, the other 5% i view as guidelines and so there is a smidge of house ruling when I DM, nothing that should rain on any ones day. I'm not a D and D nazi as in I'm here to have fun, be serious but have fun. I don't deal with racist people or people who feel the need to rant about their politics. I want to play d and d and anyone who wants to join in and have fun is welcome. I am looking for a 'baton hand off' style campaign...ie I do not want to DM all the time. I get stuck doing that too much. I want a couple people DM'ing who can take the campaign in a direction after another's adventure. I don't care if those session's are one off's or the furthering of a narrative. I'm pretty laid back, but keep control of the game when I DM. My style varies. Sometimes I use a lot of maps and tokens and sometimes I use different visual aids and theater of the mind for combat. It just depends lol. I like to have a decent amount of both story/rp and combat, adventure in my sessions as a DM. I don't purposely kill characters, but no one gets a a completely free ride. If you do something ill advised in game, you pay the piper so to speak. Anyway, if that sounds like what you are looking for give me a shout

shezingzh
March 27th, 2021, 12:49
Hey Icy I pmed you several days ago have not received a response as of yet. If you are still interested in my offer let me know.

themooch13
March 27th, 2021, 16:53
Hi, yes there are spots available. Lots of interest but only in the last day have there been those with available lining up. I am Icy#7379 on discord. Would love to talk to you. Just a few things to toss out as i have had issues in the past...I follow 95% of the rules pretty straight, the other 5% i view as guidelines and so there is a smidge of house ruling when I DM, nothing that should rain on any ones day. I'm not a D and D nazi as in I'm here to have fun, be serious but have fun. I don't deal with racist people or people who feel the need to rant about their politics. I want to play d and d and anyone who wants to join in and have fun is welcome. I am looking for a 'baton hand off' style campaign...ie I do not want to DM all the time. I get stuck doing that too much. I want a couple people DM'ing who can take the campaign in a direction after another's adventure. I don't care if those session's are one off's or the furthering of a narrative. I'm pretty laid back, but keep control of the game when I DM. My style varies. Sometimes I use a lot of maps and tokens and sometimes I use different visual aids and theater of the mind for combat. It just depends lol. I like to have a decent amount of both story/rp and combat, adventure in my sessions as a DM. I don't purposely kill characters, but no one gets a a completely free ride. If you do something ill advised in game, you pay the piper so to speak. Anyway, if that sounds like what you are looking for give me a shout

Thanks for getting back to me. I sent you a friend request on Discord. We're available all weekend to chat about the game and see if we could be a good fit. Hope to hear from you soon.

shezingzh
March 28th, 2021, 18:45
Just wanted to say thank you for getting back to me over the weekend even with all of the requests you are dealing with. Just one question I can think of currently, do you have a time line when you might start? How many spots are you looking at?

Tourniquet63
March 30th, 2021, 02:14
Hi Icy,

I am interested. Also EST and after 7pm is good for me. I played a lot as a kid in the 90's and have just recently started getting back into it. I also like a laid back game with a nice mix of RP, puzzle/story and plenty of combat. I like to play rogues and bards, but have played all over. I have not DM'd since I was a kid and I am sure it was horrible, however now my day job is a teacher and I am pretty damn good at that. I think I could pick up DM'ing quickly if I had a mentor and a few patient players.

Discord: Tourniquet63

Omalus
March 30th, 2021, 19:49
Greetings,

Looking for a group on Tuesday! Wednesday or Thursday evenings 7pm to whenever (EST).
Easy going for gaming. Enjoy role-playing my characters (really liking the fighter class right now) that have backgrounds that affect the gaming world.
Can DM- would like to run Hoards of the Dragon Queen (have not played it and have the material for FG - Original).
I own both FG versions but like the original for now.

Discord: Omalus

shezingzh
April 2nd, 2021, 14:39
Icy, Morfedel was also interested in starting up a DM/Player group. I sent him a PM just waiting on a response. Its been a few days for any responses from anyone, not sure if this is still on.

The Sleep
April 2nd, 2021, 21:01
I would be interested in joining a group for short term or long term. Started playing with pen and paper back in the middle 80's. Been exclusively playing D&D via computer games since. I am CST and am available days during the week and all Friday and Saturday