PDA

View Full Version : FGUpdater has stopped working

BBruce
March 23rd, 2021, 18:50
I recently bought the FGU Ultimate version to GM a session to my friends, but one of them presented an error when updating FGU (link at the end)
He tried to install the web version and the steam version, same error.
He tried to open it with administrator mode, same thing.
He couldn't delete the FantasyGrounds.exe because the error happens before the updater can install all the paste, appearing only FantasyGroundsUpdater.exe.
I tried to .zip and .rar all my base paste and then send to him, so he could substitute his base paste, but the same error happened.
He tried to restart his computer, reinstalling all the application, change the directory, all of the things that i have seen on forums, nothing helped.

Please, help me :(
Sincerely, Bruce.

PS: Sorry about my spelling, i'm a brazilian.

Error: https://imgur.com/TBptbp6

Griogre
March 23rd, 2021, 19:18
From the picture it looks like he might be trying to install a standard or ultimate version instead of the Demo version? Verify he is actually installing the Demo version, which means he needs to have nothing in the license key. If he put something in and deleted it then make sure there isn't an invisible character in there like a space.

And welcome to the FG forums... :)

Zacchaeus
March 23rd, 2021, 20:52
Amongst the other possibilities is that his anti virus has quarantined FGU or is preventing it from otherwise operating. Make sure he has a rule in his anti virus which excepts the Fantasy Grounds .exe file and the updater .exe file.

BBruce
March 25th, 2021, 23:37
Thanks for the repply Zacch, i'll try the anti irus option and post it later =D