PDA

View Full Version : A couple of minor issues re. text colour

Geometer
March 22nd, 2021, 13:25
DM, FG Unity, Curse of Strahd 5e, "Dark" theme. Extensions: FG package + Rob Twohy's Effects Coding, One-click Druid

1. Combat tracker: green text in Wounds box is hard to read.
2. Chat Logs: pale green text against white background is even harder to read.

Whoever chose those colours obviously has young eyes.

Zacchaeus
March 22nd, 2021, 16:02
I agree with your comment about wounds; but the text in chat is white and black for me - depending on what is there - I'm not seeing anything green. Make sure that you don't have more than one theme loaded.

Geometer
March 22nd, 2021, 18:52
I'm referring to this (FG 44). It's called "Chat Logs" in the campaign folder. Looking back through it, it appears to have changed on or about the 25th of Feb. Before that it was black on white.

superteddy57
March 22nd, 2021, 19:37
I checked mine and it's more of a burgundy color in Firefox. Unless I opened the wrong thing.

Zacchaeus
March 22nd, 2021, 20:12
I didn't realise that the chat log output had anything to do with the theme. But I can replicate the green text in that from my experiments earlier. The theme I normally use shows text similar to Superteddy's above.

superteddy57
March 22nd, 2021, 20:21
Something interesting I found is there is a color flag in the html. So if you have a bit of tinker in you, you could change the color definition if you open it in a text editor.

Geometer
March 22nd, 2021, 22:30
I didn't realise that the chat log output had anything to do with the theme. But I can replicate the green text in that from my experiments earlier. The theme I normally use shows text similar to Superteddy's above.

It does seem to be theme dependent. I just opened the campaign in Official theme and the chatlog was back to normal. Reopened in Dark and it reverted to pale green.

Normally I wouldn't care what colour the chatlog text was, but right now I actually need to read through recent logs quite carefully and this text colour is making it a real chore.

jwatmough
March 23rd, 2021, 00:47
Thanks for pointing this out, I will look into the dark theme and get it sorted out for you.

Geometer
March 23rd, 2021, 13:49
Thanks for pointing this out, I will look into the dark theme and get it sorted out for you.

Great stuff, my thanks.

Geometer
March 28th, 2021, 12:13

I don't mean to complain, but whatever you did, it appears to have deleted all the chatlogs from the past six weeks and a lot of data from the previous 4 months chatlog. All the info I was looking for has gone.

Moon Wizard
March 30th, 2021, 05:24
Changing the theme would not delete the chat logs. The chat logs are always appended to by the application during play.

Regards,
JPG

Geometer
March 30th, 2021, 12:08
Changing the theme would not delete the chat logs. The chat logs are always appended to by the application during play.

Regards,
JPG

It's all come back now. No idea what's going on, it definitely wasn't there on Sunday. The text colour is still pale green and almost unreadable however.
Not a big deal really, now it's back I'm going to copy it all into Word so it's a permanent record and I can change the text colour. Odd though.