PDA

View Full Version : Channel energy query (noob)

EverlyWyatt
March 21st, 2021, 22:15
Hi all, Ill be running the 1E beginner box intro dungeon this friday for four friends. Im familiarising myself with the character sheets and abilities and channel energy i just need clarified.

So a 30 foot radius from the caster is affected and all living or non living as decided by caster get either 1D6 hp back or in wounds.

Does the caster roll a d6 for EVERY seperate creature say it hit his three party members does the cleric roll a dice for each and say ok pc a you get 3, pc b you get 5 and oh sorry pc c you get 1.

Does he just roll one d6, and thats what everyone gets?

DCrumb
March 22nd, 2021, 05:12
So for channel energy: 30 foot radius from caster. If channeling positive energy to heal living creatures, all living creatures (unless the caster has the Selective Channeling feat) will be healed for the same amount on the dice rolled for channeling (so your final sentence). If channeling positive energy to harm undead, each undead gets a saving throw (with modifiers based on if they have resistance to channeling or not), and will be damaged for the same amount (or half if saved) on the dice rolled for channeling. Negative energy runs the same but heals undead, harms living. Neutral casters have three different paths: If they worship a good deity, they channel positive. If they worship an evil deity, they channel negative. If their deity is neutral, they can choose either positive or negative at creation, and the choice is set.

Selective Channeling feat allows the caster to exclude creatures up to their charisma bonus. I had this come into play in the Mummy's Mask campaign I am running. Fighting another group of adventures, each side had a cleric that could only exclude 2 out of the 4 opposite members. Got interesting until a few of one side died off, and then both sides ran out of channeling. The PC cleric is definitely thinking about getting a reach metamagic rod.

tahl_liadon
March 22nd, 2021, 22:18
...just roll one d6, and thats what everyone gets
(correct answer, either case for positive or negative energy;
for negative energy, remember undead creatures get saves if trying to destroy them)