PDA

View Full Version : FGU Not Working with WACOM PEN

djpeterso23662
March 21st, 2021, 01:54
Howdy everyone! I am writing this post to document that there is a coding problem with FGU and WACOM PEN peripheral. My specific model is the USB WACOM INTUOS2 pen running on Windows 7. The mouse/tablet combination works but the pen does not. Your mileage may vary with other Wacom products. I use this same pen and tablet to do Unity development, and there is not a problem. Unity does not sense clicks from the pen, or drags, or right clicks but the Unity environment does respond with hover effects and icon changes. There is a specific issue with the development of FGU that is causing this problem. Thanks for reading. People such as myself, who use a pen to alleviate pain from carpal tunnel, would be so grateful if a ticket could be opened and this problem addressed. Many thanks!

Moon Wizard
March 21st, 2021, 02:13
One consideration is that Windows 7 is not officially supported by FG Unity. It is a deprecated operating system according to Microsoft; and is no longer receiving any updates (including security updates).

Other than that, we are simply intercepting Unity mouse and keyboard events through their event system. If the WACOM peripheral is not generating those events, then FGU would not see them. We do not have any of those models here to even test with to see what is happening within Unity.

Regards,
JPG

djpeterso23662
March 21st, 2021, 02:42
Hi JPG! Thanks for being super responsive, I really appreciate it. Perhaps there are more than Unity mouse and keyboard events that could be intercepted? I certainly am not at your level as a developer, so I could not say. Luckily there is a vast Unity community so there is some possibility that the territory has already been explored. Thanks again for your time.

TMO
March 21st, 2021, 05:23
I am assuming that Unity would need to support Ink Overlay for the WACOM pen to work as expected. That's a Microsoft API, so I'm not sure what Unity would need to support on other environments.

bmos
March 21st, 2021, 13:43
Unity pen device layout:
https://docs.unity3d.com/Packages/[email protected]/manual/Pen.html

Could be useful.

I also use a Wacom pen tablet to create LOS occluders, interact with drawing layer, and more.