PDA

View Full Version : Three-Round Burst

g0ntzal
March 20th, 2021, 17:20
I've created a ROF 1 weapon with 3RB mode... The weapon uses a round of ammo and doesn't apply the Shooting and Damage bonus. Then, I've created a sub-attack setting a Shooting +1 modifier and increasing the damage in +1. But I can't get this sub-attack using 3 rounds of ammo...

How can I get a weapon firing in 3RB mode as per Savage Worlds rules?

Thanks in advance.

TomtheBu
March 20th, 2021, 20:20
Hi, just enter the code [>#3RB] in the sub attack of the weapon. Then everything works as supposed. It automatically adds +1 to shooting and damage, and also three bullets are substracted.

g0ntzal
March 20th, 2021, 22:34
Muchas gracias. Thanks so much.

g0ntzal
March 22nd, 2021, 20:36
Is there a way to set a double cannon shotgun shot spending 2 rounds of ammo and adding +4 Shooting and +4 Damage?

Mike Serfass
March 23rd, 2021, 04:01
You used to be able to accomplish this by setting # attacks and RoF. Setting RoF no longer seems to have any effect. Which breaks ammo counting in my fantasy game where archers can shoot two arrows with one attack (using Rapid Shot) and use two arrows. Now setting # attacks consumes 5 ammo x # attack no matter what RoF is set to.

IceBear
March 23rd, 2021, 08:16
I think someone mentioned in Discord that there's an option to turn off ammo being auto consumed in Options. If you do that then it goes back to the old way where you had to manually remove ammo yourself.

I've seen this complaint a couple of times recently so maybe Ikael can tweak auto consumption somehow?

TomtheBu
March 23rd, 2021, 21:59
When you have Attacks #2 with a ranged weapon and you leave the Rate of Fire Field blank, Ammo is automatically set to 2 and there will be also no recoil penalty with the attack.

TomtheBu
March 23rd, 2021, 22:14
The Double-Barrel Shotgun with +4 shooting and +4 damage would look like this, although the rules say, that there will be a +2 bonus to hit and a +4 bonus to damage for this weapon.

IceBear
March 23rd, 2021, 22:39
When you have Attacks #2 with a ranged weapon and you leave the Rate of Fire Field blank, Ammo is automatically set to 2 and there will be also no recoil penalty with the attack.
NICE!!! I did not know this

Mike Serfass
March 23rd, 2021, 22:44

I posted above that this is how it used to work but no longer does. That was based on a sub attack not calculating ammo correctly. I rechecked it based on TomtheBu's post and realized it's sometimes miscounting.

If the main attack has RoF set to 1, it will calculate the sub attack ammo as 5 x #attacks even if RoF is blank. If I set the parent attack RoF to blank, and the sub attack RoF to blank, then the sub attack will use 2 ammo. So the sub attack ammo count is being influenced by the main attack it's under.

On main attacks, TomtheBu is correct.

I'm not sure if this counts as a bug, or if setting RoF blank is a work-around that wasn't an intentional design.

TomtheBu
March 24th, 2021, 11:21
Yes, that's right but I think it's not a problem at all.

If you need a sub attack with a blank RoF (actually RoF 1), then you also can leave the parental RoF field blank. I see no really use for a sub attack with a blank Rate of Fire and Attacks #2 for a weapon which actually has RoF 2 or more. Just maybe a sub attack for 3RB (or single shot) but that's coded and has just one attack so the ammo should be reduced correctly.

In any other case you can leave the RoF of the parental attack blank which is the same as RoF 1 (for ammo consumption).

But it would be a little nice feature, if there is the choice for the symbol of the ammo used. Bullets or arrows, for example.

IceBear
March 24th, 2021, 15:04
I think someone made me an extension that changed the bullet icon to an arrow for fantasy games. I'll have to see if I can find it and who gave it to me for credit

Edit: I thought it was Talyn and I was correct. I'm not sure if he wants me to share it, but if he does see this and agrees I'll post it below...he might want to post it in the main extensions thread so he gets the praise he's due

IceBear
March 24th, 2021, 15:12
Of course, it's an all or nothing thing, so all the ammo icons are arrows, or if I disable the extension, default bullets. I would be nice if you could toggle it for settings that have arrows and guns

TomtheBu
March 24th, 2021, 16:45
Thank you for your idea with the extension. I really could need such an extension, but for my Rippers Campaign I need one which can handle arrows/bolts and bullets. :)

IceBear
March 24th, 2021, 18:06
Yeah...I realized the problem right after I posted it :(