PDA

View Full Version : NPC's Splitting attacks

krypticz
March 18th, 2021, 23:34
Without editing every NPC entry is there a way to split npc attacks.
NPC's have attacks, which seem to be mostly a single attack. While Full attacks list 2+ depending on the NPC. Full attacks also seem to be all or nothing, where they get applied to a single target.

So if i have a dragon fighting 3 players, I can only hit a target with a bite attack, not a claw, tail, or wing attack. These are only listed under full attacks. When i select multi targets and do a full attack it rolls all attacks for each player.. ie 6 attacks to 3 players means 18 attacks get rolled total, not just 6.

bmos
March 19th, 2021, 00:01
Not really.
Usually I do the individual attacks and just enter the appropriate penalty in the modifiers box on each attack after the first.

Svandal
March 19th, 2021, 09:17
You can also roll every attack in the chat (without targeting) and then drag attacks to the targets.
Since you know how much each attack is before assigning them you should decide before rolls approximetly how he should attack. And depending on your playstyle declare what his intent is before rolling to avoid "metagaming" the assignments of hits.

It is not perfect.

You can also roll everything vs one player and tell the players for example, if the dragon misses on two attacks he will switch target to player x. Then just drag the other attacks from the chat to player x to see if they hit.

Sudain
March 27th, 2021, 06:16
If I need to split it up I'll do what Bmos does and enter the penalties manually. I just discovered I suck at keeping track of those penalties so I just go all-in on one player typically