PDA

View Full Version : D&D (3.5 Core / PHB 2) tonight, 7/4/07!

NymTevlyn
July 4th, 2007, 20:57
Anyone up for a one shot wonder this evening? I don't really care to go to any fireworks shows and have nothing else planned.

Start Time - 8pm est (4 hours from when this post was made)

Character Creation
Level - 4th
Races - PHB Only, no gnomes/half-orcs
Stats - 32 pts (std pt buy from the dmg)

Starting Gear
One weapon +1
One armor +1
One wondrous item (2200g or less) or another +1 weapon
Three potions of Cure Moderate Wounds (2d8+3)

Berova
July 4th, 2007, 21:03
Sign me up!

:-P fireworks! (j/k who doesn't like fw?)

NymTevlyn
July 4th, 2007, 21:09
They just don't have the appeal they once did for me.

heavens_gatekeeper
July 4th, 2007, 21:28
Ive been having some issues with my network, but i would definitly like to play. any chance just keeping your host up, so i can make sure i can join?

NymTevlyn
July 4th, 2007, 21:44
Sure, I'll turn it on now. LOUD GATE COLD VEST

pirate1
July 4th, 2007, 21:45
I would be up for playing. Just let me know what I need to do to sign up.

:pirate:

heavens_gatekeeper
July 4th, 2007, 21:52
hmm cant seem to connect.. weak stuff, imma keep trying for a while if you leave it up, thanks

Divrann
July 4th, 2007, 21:55
I also cannot connect, are you sure about the router/firewalls and all that?

NymTevlyn
July 4th, 2007, 22:00
It's up and there's one person connected. I know I have it set right on my side.

heavens_gatekeeper
July 4th, 2007, 22:05
yup, im jasper

pirate1
July 4th, 2007, 23:58
Just wondering what the host address is for tonight's game.

pirate1
July 4th, 2007, 23:59
Nevermind. I saw it. Missed it the first time.

NymTevlyn
July 5th, 2007, 03:05
Amazing how much one fifth level druid can screw over any entire party! o.O

https://www.jaderaven.com/screenshot0001.png

scytale2
July 5th, 2007, 03:10
Well there were 12 wolves as well!

NymTevlyn
July 5th, 2007, 03:18
Yeah, but the wolves were just cannon fodder to keep you penned up until she could cast all her spells.

Berova
July 5th, 2007, 04:37
Yeah, and I was sooo close...

How did she reappear on the other side of the woods?

NymTevlyn
July 5th, 2007, 04:52
She just ran. Movement speed in wolf form is fifty feet and she'd cast a longstrider spell upon herself before ambushing you guys. So she was moving at 60' on a single move action. Since she's a druid, she has Woodland Stride... so the deep woods and underbrush didn't hamper her at all.

Tropico
July 5th, 2007, 05:09
Heh, and that's not even showing the LAST area-effect spell she cast (the mist-thing) pretty much the entire map was purple by the end of it :p

NymTevlyn
July 5th, 2007, 05:55
And there were only ten wolves. Two per PC is what I've put down for the encounter. ^_^ Might drop it to three per two characters.

Garignak
July 5th, 2007, 07:16
looks pretty cool

scytale2
July 5th, 2007, 10:38
Yes, was excellent and shows how one character planned well can handle a whole group. Put the level up to 5 and a wizard might well make things much more difficult for her - 3 missiles/lightning bolt/fireball etc.

A L4 druid in the group would also cause problems, or a ranger, with high animal friendship or a flying pet. An early failed hold person would also have negated some of her exploits.

My comment from a paladin's perspective (or other Lawful Good character) was that from the outset I would have been very dubious about participating. Maybe that's a personal roleplaying thing (and what you wanted), but worth considering, if you haven't already.

Great professional job in every way, though!

NymTevlyn
July 5th, 2007, 19:08
So far there's always been one person in the group each time I've run that encounter, that wants to save the mad druid. Thing is, she's so far gone she doesn't even know she needs to be saved. She's claimed that area as her territory and defends it the only way she knows how to do as a wolf.