PDA

View Full Version : Images not Showing Up in Campaign via Import

ndjester
March 18th, 2021, 18:24
Hi all - just got a new laptop and installed Unity and got all my campaign data off my previous laptop. Played a session a couple of nights ago and everything went pretty well (still getting used to working in the LOS environment, which has been fun).

Needed to set up a new encounter and wanted a specific battle map that I downloaded from the web. Placed it in the correct folder and tried to pull it into FGU and it isnt found (should be visible since it is now in the same folder as all the other campaign images). Also tried the import function straight from folder and it is not even visible in the window that comes up. I went back and looked in the Windows Explorer folder and there it is. I double-checked the file path and they are the same but FGU just cant seem to see it (it is missing in the alphabetically-sorted listing).

I do have the latest version of FGU. I also searched the forum and wiki and didnt find anything that helped me since I followed the instructions and didnt find it to work.

The issue is completely reproduceable, across campaigns. I have also restarted the program a couple of times and it is still happening. I've turned off all third-party extensions and it still happens. OS is Windows 10. Don't have any modules outside of FG content.

Thank you!

Zacchaeus
March 18th, 2021, 18:39
Make sure that the map is a .jpg file.

ndjester
March 18th, 2021, 20:10
It is indeed :)

Griogre
March 18th, 2021, 20:18
Maybe you didn't drag it from assets into a map?

ndjester
March 18th, 2021, 20:41
Im doing this from "Images", did FGU change it so that you can only do it through asset management?

Griogre
March 18th, 2021, 20:47
Yes, it's the one major change in how images are used. You can mass import them or do them one of a time if like you need a battlemap off the Internet.

Look at Video 1 here: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?55797-How-do-I-in-Unity

ndjester
March 19th, 2021, 01:19
OK that was very helpful, as I was able to locate it through the asset module. However, that video demonstrates multiple ways of getting them into your images bank and the "Import Files" tab in the Images module would not find the file that was clearly there via Windows Explorer. Nonetheless, I have a way to do it now - thanks!

Trenloe
March 19th, 2021, 08:56
What is the filename of the image? Are there different characters, double spaces, things like that?

ndjester
March 19th, 2021, 18:41
"BM - Shack Off the Road.jpg"

Trenloe
March 19th, 2021, 19:30
"BM - Shack Off the Road.jpg"
Weird.

Are you 100% sure that you were in the right directory? If you're using the test channel to look at the lighting features this uses a completely different directory hierarchy to the normal live directories.

Griogre
March 19th, 2021, 20:12
It's possible that dash is an em dash instead a normal one.

OP, You might rename things like that in the future to remove the dash and see it works, but glad you got it sorted for now.