PDA

View Full Version : Hotbar (F1-F12) - links not always working

Rino
March 18th, 2021, 13:23
I'm the GM in a DnD 5E campaign. I've told my players to drag commonly/often used links & dices to the hotbar. Often these links don't work. Most common thing is the 'end-turn' (from bottom of the Combat Tracker). It's so often that their shortcut doesn't work, and then have to click it on the CT instead.

Other times it happens is if they have draged things from their Actions page on the Character Sheet. Sometimes it doesn't work, and they have to click in the Actions tab.

Links/shortcuts also doesn't seem to keep updated to the character. i.e. if a player get more damage in their Actions tab, and then uses a link/shortcut of that ability it doesn't use the updated numbers. Workaround so far has been to re-drag it to shortcut bar whenever they get updated data.

Zacchaeus
March 18th, 2021, 14:22
Links to the hotbar aren't dynamic - so if whatever you linked changes then you'll need to update the link.

I'm not seeing any issues and I haven't heard of other reports. Are you using any extensions? Does this happen in a new campaign without extensions? Are you sure your players are clicking in the right box (or using the correct key)?

Trenloe
March 18th, 2021, 14:24
And if your players used CTRL or ALT as push-to-talk then that changes the hot key bank, so they need to make sure they’re actually on the right bank of hot keys.

LordEntrails
March 18th, 2021, 16:11
ALT with push to talk gets me on this all the time :)

Sulimo
March 18th, 2021, 16:23
Another thing to keep in mind; if you have a keyboard with an F-Lock button, make sure that is turned on.

I just tried it and with F-Lock off, FG does not understand that a Function button has been pressed (which is to be expected).

Additionally, check for Fn-Lock for Laptop keyboards, most laptops have dual function keys for the F-keys.