PDA

View Full Version : FGU - GM pointer/dice color

Rino
March 18th, 2021, 13:16
I'm the GM. When one of my players goes to colors to change HIS dice/pointer colors, it sometimes changes MY colors.... This has happend on a couple times now. Think he said something about number color forced it or something.

Zacchaeus
March 18th, 2021, 14:24
The devs will likely need a lot more information than this - starting with your and your player log files and probably an image or two might help. Also are you testing without any extensions loaded?

Ardem
March 18th, 2021, 14:36
Actually I have also seen this issue with Rolemaster with the FRP extension and Player Agency Extension loaded as well. I did not care much so I did not take to much notice.

But it is not consistent does not happen every time, a player that changes his colour dice will on occasion change the GM player dice colour.

Will see if I can replicate it as well for you guys when I get a chance.

Moon Wizard
March 18th, 2021, 19:06
Any information on how to recreate the issue would be appreciated.

Thanks,
JPG

Sulimo
March 18th, 2021, 20:10
I've seen it as well on RMC (without FRP).

As I recall (it's a bit hazy) here is what happened.

I was working on showing a new player the UI.

I had them open the Dice Color Picker (NOTE: It is still the older color picker in RMC).

They changed their colors.

It was not until I opened the color picker as well the colors of my dice changed to the players colors.

I could then change the color of my dice and it would only affect my dice.

Sometimes when I startup the campaign, my dice colors would be changed. Opening the Color Picker would fix it (not having to change colors).

NOTE: As I recall it was only the Open-ended dice in RMC, the other dice as I recall never had a problem (as I said, it's a little hazy).

Dakadin mentioned he knew about it I think, and was going to try to track it down.

If I can find a way to test it again, I'll see about posting steps.

EDIT: Forgot, when I fixed my dice, the player still had their picked colors (they did not change), but did change when they connected later, but opening/closing color picker would fix it.

osarusan
March 19th, 2021, 03:06
This happens to me constantly as well.

I'm using the Call of Cthulhu 7e ruleset if that makes a difference.

Any time a player changes their dice color, my (DM) dice color resets to a burgundy/wine color.

damned
March 19th, 2021, 08:58
Im pretty sure at least some of the d100 code from BRP was used as a base in the CoC d100...

Trenloe
March 28th, 2021, 22:25
Any information on how to recreate the issue would be appreciated.

Thanks,
JPG
@Ecks has reported it here: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?67425-Changing-user-color-impacts-other-user-s-colors-(5E) Seems to be related to a player changing their dice colour before they've selected a character.