PDA

View Full Version : linking maps

walter
July 4th, 2007, 13:33
I have several maps i wish to use. Some of these maps are detailed maps of a larger scale map and would like to know if there is a way to link them. I have so many detail maps it would be hard to remember where each detail map is. A point and click function to call the desired region map from the list in the images folder would be a big help. This would also help keep the file size smaller. If there is a method to do this already available I would like someone to tell me how.
I really like the software and features of Fantisy Grounds.

Kalan
July 4th, 2007, 13:45
I have several maps i wish to use. Some of these maps are detailed maps of a larger scale map and would like to know if there is a way to link them. I have so many detail maps it would be hard to remember where each detail map is. A point and click function to call the desired region map from the list in the images folder would be a big help. This would also help keep the file size smaller. If there is a method to do this already available I would like someone to tell me how.
I really like the software and features of Fantisy Grounds.

Probably the easiest way to do this with FG (that I know of anyways) is

1) Open up the "main" maip.
2) Right Click on the main map, click layers, then click enable shortcuts.
3) Open the Images (by clicking on the Images button), this should then bring up a full listing of the images in your Images directory in the campaign. Simply drag the grey box of an image onto the correct location on the main map, and you should then see a "pin" show up. Now anytime you click on that pin, it'll bring up the corresponding linked map.

Hopefully that makes a little sense :S

V

walter
July 4th, 2007, 13:58
Probably the easiest way to do this with FG (that I know of anyways) is

1) Open up the "main" maip.
2) Right Click on the main map, click layers, then click enable shortcuts.
3) Open the Images (by clicking on the Images button), this should then bring up a full listing of the images in your Images directory in the campaign. Simply drag the grey box of an image onto the correct location on the main map, and you should then see a "pin" show up. Now anytime you click on that pin, it'll bring up the corresponding linked map.

Hopefully that makes a little sense :S

V

Thanks that sould work for me.. and i will check out your blog

Thanks again..

Toadwart
July 4th, 2007, 21:32
Also: after setting them up you can 'disable shortcuts' to hide the pins But they will re-appear and can be clicked if you hold down CTRL.
Think CTRL also lets you drag them on without 'enabling shortcuts' too...

walter
July 4th, 2007, 22:19
thank you that is good to know..:)