PDA

View Full Version : "Default Light Level" For a Map?

MaxAstro
March 14th, 2021, 20:13
Is there a way to give a map a default ambient light level? So for example if I want the entire map to be dim light, absent any light sources, is that possible at the moment? This is with the current test channel.

Willot
March 14th, 2021, 21:08
Better question for the Houses of Healing - Unity sub-forum.

Zacchaeus
March 15th, 2021, 10:28
Yes it is. Via the ambient light button.

flashgordon
March 15th, 2021, 22:11
Yes it is. Via the ambient light button.

This actually brings up a second question: Is there any automation related to light level? Like characters without low-light vision having the concealed condition applied when targeting characters in low-light?

MaxAstro
March 15th, 2021, 22:19
This actually brings up a second question: Is there any automation related to light level? Like characters without low-light vision having the concealed condition applied when targeting characters in low-light?
There is not as far as I know, and there probably shouldn't be, because there are lots of edge cases where the concealed condition might not apply because of one ability or another. If there was automation, it would need to be easy to "override" the automation.

flashgordon
March 15th, 2021, 22:26
It would be nice to be able to query a characters current light-level on an effect, i.e. IF(Darkness) or IFT(Dim Light)

Zacchaeus
March 15th, 2021, 22:34
Tokens will see any other tokens that are in the radius of their vision and/or light source. Low light vision has not been implemented.