PDA

View Full Version : Traveller T20: Terran Federation

Valarian
July 3rd, 2007, 20:49
I'm going to be running a Traveller T20 game on Sunday evenings at 8pm (GMT+0 time zone). The adventure will be set in my Alternate Traveller Universe, set in the early interstellar period.

I'm looking for a couple more mature and reliable players. Send me a private message if you're interested.

Calendar Entry: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/calendar/?id=186

I'm thinking of running one of the following scenarios:

One of our ships is missing .... a leading bank wants to hire you to find a ship whose owner has skipped payments. The ship is to be confiscated and returned to New Boston, where the bank will take possession.

Labrysian Nights .... a ship has gone down on a pre-space developing world, breaking an interdiction order of the Terran Federation. Can you find the offending parties before they cause damage to the developing society? Can you avoid doing the same damage yourselves?

Outbreak on Gashidda .... an outbreak of Terran Flu threatens the population of Gashidda, a high population Kimushugar world. Can you deliver Dr Thomas and his team to the world in time to halt the outbreak before a worldwide pandemic strikes.

Imperial Messages .... the government of the Terran Federation wants to make diplomatic approaches to the Vilani Empire. The only problem is that the Kimushugar Free Worlds are technically still at war with the Imperium and the only know route to Imperial worlds is through Kimushugar space.
Could be the start of a "Grand Tour" style campaign. First ... find the Imperium. Then make way through uncharted and possibly hostile space to somewhere to make diplomatic advances. Do so without the Kimushugar Free Worlds learning what you're doing.

mearrin69
July 4th, 2007, 05:14
Wish I could join you as this sounds like a good time. We spent a few weeks a while back playing GURPS Traveller: Interstellar Wars. It was great fun - we ended up deep in Vilani space after mucking about with a alien artifact we found. *Never* press the button. Never.
M

Valarian
July 9th, 2007, 11:50
Based on the characters and general interest from the players, the campaign will be:

Imperial Messages .... the government of the Terran Federation wants to make diplomatic approaches to the Vilani Empire. The only problem is that the Kimushugar Free Worlds are technically still at war with the Imperium and the only know route to Imperial worlds is through Kimushugar space.
Could be the start of a "Grand Tour" style campaign. First ... find the Imperium. Then make way through uncharted and possibly hostile space to somewhere to make diplomatic advances. Do so without the Kimushugar Free Worlds learning what you're doing.

Currently we have:
- a 5th level Scout
- a 7th level Navy Lieutenant
- a 6th level Marine Sergeant

endoboy
July 9th, 2007, 18:52
Sounds interesting. What ruleset are you using, d20 modern? Is it available for FG2? How often will you be running it? The calendar link came up blank.

Valarian
July 10th, 2007, 08:24
I am using FG version 2.12 to run the game. The ruleset is a modified version of the d20 ruleset provided by SmiteWorks to cater for the T20 rules. T20 is a derivative of the D20 Fantasy SRD, rather than D20 Modern SRD as the latter was released a while after T20 came out.

I run the game on Sunday evenings at 8pm (GMT+0 time zone).

endoboy
July 10th, 2007, 15:02
Sounds like fun. I think that's around 11am PST west coast US. I wish I had the time to play every weekend, but those days are long gone. I'd like to get a copy of the T20 ruleset, when you get it finished (if you'll give it up).

I played in a Traveller game back in the 80s every Wednesday night for 2-1/2 years, and we missed only 4 games when people were too sick to drag themselves over there. These days, I can manage twice a month at best with the kids' schedules and house projects. Thanks for the info, though.

Valarian
July 10th, 2007, 15:09
You can have a copy of the character sheet ruleset, it's just a modified version of the SmiteWorks d20 ruleset that was included in version 2.

The basic rules module I'm doing isn't finished yet. Once it is finished, I'll be running it by Hunter. It will need to be either distributed by Quiklink or under their license. Unless Hunter gives the okay, I'm not making this available generally as it's got rules in. The rules may be deemed to be under the OGL part of the T20 license, but I want Hunter's call on this. If he decides that it's all OGL and I can distribute it, then I'll make it available. Otherwise I'm hoping that the module can be distributed on the QLI website. This'll also be Hunter's call.

endoboy
July 10th, 2007, 18:04
No problem. Thanks for the info. I'll be looking forward to it.

SpudmanWP
July 21st, 2007, 00:29
Ouch... 11am... 1hr too early :(

I am a SS teacher :)

Any chance moving it forward an hour?

Valarian
July 21st, 2007, 10:51
Sorry, most of us are in the UK and we generally run from 8pm to 11pm. The extra hour would be pushing midnight even on a normal session, and we have to be up for work on Monday morning. You're welcome to join in when you're available if you don't mind joining the session a bit late. I can email the IP to you for the session or, if you use MSN, over instant messaging.

SpudmanWP
July 22nd, 2007, 05:14
Are you on BST (British Summer Time - GMT+1) now or are you observing a exact 8pm GMT start time?

--Since we are so far apart in time zones, I'll Hit you with a ton of questions.
1. Any modifications to the standard way of rolling a CHR?
2. How do you want to handle CHR generation? Online, email me my rolls, trust my rolls, etc?
3. Do you have any issues with someone who loves to invent and will push the limits of the item creation system in T20? This is what drew me to Traveller from the start. (I am a true techie at heart and loved FFS).
4. What type of CHRs due you need?
5. What is the tech base available during CHR generation?

scytale2
July 22nd, 2007, 09:59
BST I believe at the moment

scytale2
July 22nd, 2007, 10:05
We are up to TL11 with an occasional TL12, if you can justify it in character to GM.
We have an engineer, but he will have to tell you whether he can build stuff in the way you suggest. From what I can gather we have most of the bases covered, but not all can make every week, so unless GM says otherwise any and all professions would be useful. Our ship gunnery skills seem a bit limited, but then they may not be needed.
Group includes (from memory)
A Marine and pilot
A decorated army person
A disillusioned Scout hacker (that's me)
A toff historian
An alcoholic diplomat
Sorry, GM, if that was all classified info...

Valarian
July 22nd, 2007, 11:41
Are you on BST (British Summer Time - GMT+1) now or are you observing a exact 8pm GMT start time?

--Since we are so far apart in time zones, I'll Hit you with a ton of questions.
1. Any modifications to the standard way of rolling a CHR?
2. How do you want to handle CHR generation? Online, email me my rolls, trust my rolls, etc?
3. Do you have any issues with someone who loves to invent and will push the limits of the item creation system in T20? This is what drew me to Traveller from the start. (I am a true techie at heart and loved FFS).
4. What type of CHRs due you need?
5. What is the tech base available during CHR generation?

The game is Sundays 8pm BST (GMT+0 daylight saving).

1. Stats are rolled 4d6 (drop lowest die)
2. I don't mind how character generation is handled. You can do it all offline if you want and then copy the character in when you connect.
3. No issues, but I will want justifications for any items you want to bring in to the game and I'll veto the item if it looks to spoil either game balance or the enjoyment of the roleplaying.
4. The characters are from the Terran Federation. Characters will be human - either Terran, Vilani (from a Terran Federation world), or mixed Terran-Vilani. The Vilani on Terran Worlds are from worlds originally part of the Kimashugar Free Worlds.

Navy Lieutenant
Marine Sergeant
Scout / Hacker
Historian / Paramedic
Foreign Office Aide (not an alcoholic, just Russian)

5. The Terran Federation is early TL12. TL10 to TL11 is normal civilian tech level. Other known polities are TL11.