PDA

View Full Version : Cursor doesn't select the correct item in FGU

mrswing
March 14th, 2021, 16:19
I have encountered a strange bug in the past week. I'm running FGU on Windows 10, all extensions have been turned off as even the updated ones I've tried to use again break something in the program (usually actions on the character sheet). But that's not the problem.

A couple of times this week, I've had trouble with the cursor. When leftclicking on an item in a menu (Story or Notes or NPCs or...), the item ABOVE that one would open. So if I want to open item B and click it, item A above it would open. If I wanted to open the last item in the window, I'd have to click under and outside of that window to activate it. It's happened three times this week, but never before that. Anyone have any idea what could be going wrong and how to fix it? The only solution I found up to now is exiting and restarting the program.

Thanks for any info or help!

Moderator: Moved to House of Healing

Zacchaeus
March 14th, 2021, 16:26
Is this something you are seeing in Unity in the Test channel?

mrswing
March 14th, 2021, 17:42
No, just regular use after one of the many recent updates.

Zacchaeus
March 14th, 2021, 18:49
I moved the post here since the Laboratory is only for reporting issues with the test version.

I'm not seeing this and I haven't seen any other reports so I'm unsure what to advise. I'd double check you aren't using any extensions (including themes) and also perhaps see if you have an unpacked ruleset in your rulesets folder. A screenshot of your chat just after you open a campaign might be useful.

wndrngdru
March 14th, 2021, 23:02
I had this happen once. Maximizing and restoring (or vice-versa) the FGU window fixed it for me.

Griogre
March 15th, 2021, 06:19
If the maximizing and restoring doesn't work, try grabbing the whole FGU application desktop window and resize it manually smaller, larger, and back to the size your using.