PDA

View Full Version : Character Creation Wizard - 5th ed

Morfedel
March 14th, 2021, 05:24
I'm not sure if this is the best place to put this, but might I suggest a change to the character creation wizard?

Right now, it has you select stats AFTER race. I know you can go to whatever stage you want, but this is a little confusing. The reason being, that in D&D you really should assign stats first, THEN select race, to add the racial modifiers in. If someone doesn't catch this, they end up making a borked character and have to either fix it or redo it, as I saw with the group I just started running recently.

Just a thought.

LordEntrails
March 14th, 2021, 05:30
No, this is not the best place. Please post discussion to the 5E Character Wizard in the character wizard thread in the 5E sub-forum.

Morfedel
March 14th, 2021, 05:33
No, this is not the best place. Please post discussion to the 5E Character Wizard in the character wizard thread in the 5E sub-forum.

All right, but, well, I just need to say, there are several layers of the forums here, and sometimes its hard to tell what goes where. Lots of cross-referencing. I mean, house of healing sounds like a correct place to put this, as an example. Its a little confusing for someone who doesn't spend a lot of time on the forums.

Again, thanks, and sorry if I'm being a little pedantic. I guess I'm going to have to spend more time digging through everything.

LordEntrails
March 14th, 2021, 05:47
Didn't say that this was the wrong place, just not the best place :)

Generally we try to keep ruleset specific questions to the sub-forum specific for the ruleset. That way folks who don't play a system don't have to wade through posts not of interest to them. Plus, since folks tend to frequent just the sub-forums for the systems they play, you can get ruleset specific answers more quickly. Then there are a couple of things that have specific threads, like the ruleset wizard and official DLC bugs.

Since the rapid growth of FGU, and since we now have 2 applications, it's harder to know which issues are ruleset specific, and application specific. Or not, so you will see lots of posts in a none preferrred location.

But that's ok, we just gently try to let folks know and help them as we can regardless of where they ask a question.

LordEntrails
March 14th, 2021, 05:51
And of course I forget to give you the link to the thread didn't I? :)

https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?60435-5E-Character-Wizard-Bug-Reports-(2020)