PDA

View Full Version : Issue with RESIST effect

Pavilion5097
March 14th, 2021, 04:03
Couldn't find a post addressing this but about 2 months ago using RESIST: all, !psychic for a totem barbarian would work but in the past month when that effect is on it no longer halves any incoming damage. Anyway this could get fixed or was something changed and there is a new way to code this effect?

LordEntrails
March 14th, 2021, 05:11
No change to Resist that I'm aware of, but their have been major ruleset changes. Please see the link in my signature for the info that you can provide to help us help you resolve any issues.

Zacchaeus
March 14th, 2021, 10:18
Couldn't find a post addressing this but about 2 months ago using RESIST: all, !psychic for a totem barbarian would work but in the past month when that effect is on it no longer halves any incoming damage. Anyway this could get fixed or was something changed and there is a new way to code this effect?

Welcome to FG.

RESIST: all, !psychic is still working as intended for me. I'd suggest that you try in a new campaign without any extensions to see if any extension you might be using is interfering. If that is the case then make sure you are using the most recent versions off the extension you use. If it isn't an extension it could be an unpacked ruleset in your ruleset folder. But let us know how you get on with the extension thing first.

Pavilion5097
March 14th, 2021, 16:31
So I tried it in a new campaign with no extensions and still had the same issue so I tested a few things and it seems that if I type out the effect on the combat tracker it works as intended but adding the effect from a player sheet to the combat tracker for some reason is causing the effect not to work as intended.
The full effect I have always used is Totem Spirit Rage; ADVSAV: strength; ADVCHK: strength; DMG:2 melee; RESIST: all, !psychic
and this effect for some reason is not working when using it directly from the player sheet but will work if i type it in manually on the combat tracker.
The fun part is if i just do "RESIST: all, !psychic" that alone works as intended even from the player sheet so its only an issue with the combined effects I have. Knowing this I can workaround it for now but would be grateful if it was ever fixed or if someone can tell me where i went wrong in my effect so my players don't need to remember to click multiple effects.

Kelrugem
March 14th, 2021, 16:41
So I tried it in a new campaign with no extensions and still had the same issue so I tested a few things and it seems that if I type out the effect on the combat tracker it works as intended but adding the effect from a player sheet to the combat tracker for some reason is causing the effect not to work as intended.
The full effect I have always used is Totem Spirit Rage; ADVSAV: strength; ADVCHK: strength; DMG:2 melee; RESIST: all, !psychic
and this effect for some reason is not working when using it directly from the player sheet but will work if i type it in manually on the combat tracker.
The fun part is if i just do "RESIST: all, !psychic" that alone works as intended even from the player sheet so its only an issue with the combined effects I have. Knowing this I can workaround it for now but would be grateful if it was ever fixed or if someone can tell me where i went wrong in my effect so my players don't need to remember to click multiple effects.

Can you send a screenshot from your setup in FG for that? Maybe it is just some simple syntax error you overlook :) I spontaneously do not see a problem in the effect as you wrote it here

Pavilion5097
March 14th, 2021, 16:46

Yep here you go

Kelrugem
March 14th, 2021, 16:53
hmm, I just tested with the full effect, applied from the actions tab (so, not manually entered into the CT), and it worked :) I do not see any error in your screenshot though. Did you try to simply delete that effect button and make a new one? Maybe just something strange going on which we do not see yet :D

Pavilion5097
March 15th, 2021, 20:33
So creating a new effect did fix it.
I wasn't fully satisfied with that so I tried a few others things looks like i figured out the issue at least on my end. If I copy and paste that effect onto a character sheet the bug will show up where it doesn't resist any damage. I tried this with various other effects and didn't encounter any issue so looks like there is some issue with copying and pasting this resist effect. Well at least now i know how to work around it and fix it. Thank you guys for your assistance!

Kelrugem
March 15th, 2021, 20:35
So creating a new effect did fix it.
I wasn't fully satisfied with that so I tried a few others things looks like i figured out the issue at least on my end. If I copy and paste that effect onto a character sheet the bug will show up where it doesn't resist any damage. I tried this with various other effects and didn't encounter any issue so looks like there is some issue with copying and pasting this resist effect. Well at least now i know how to work around it and fix it. Thank you guys for your assistance!

Maybe there was accidentally some underline instead of a space somewhere (which are difficult to see in the effect lines) :) I can only guess; if you still have that erroneous button, then you may copy it to a text editor to see whether there is some strange extra thing :D

Pavilion5097
March 15th, 2021, 20:46
I tried that as well and there wasn't anything odd about it but would start working after i pasted the effect as long as i manually changed at least 1 character in the effect so a very odd bug to say the least lol