PDA

View Full Version : Better inventory for PF2

jackmep
March 14th, 2021, 03:58
Hello. I have a suggestion based on a need. My players often have inventory issues. It is not a bug. Just after 15 levels your inventories become extremely long. He often complains about the difficulty of finding something specific. They use the current filter system, but it is insufficient. Is there a mod to have "TABS" or a better system? If not ... Could you add tabs as the notes / deity / mid part?

Trenloe
March 14th, 2021, 09:24
It's possible I could look into tabs. But it's not just a simple change - as there's a lot of GHU design decisions and functionality to be coded to do that.

In the meantime, you can categorize inventory items by using bulk 0 "containers" and adding items to those containers. This will simulate a kind-of tab system (I know it's not the same) and might allow easier finding of items.

Weissrolf
March 14th, 2021, 13:28
It would be useful if we could at least open/close containers like sub-folder in a filesystem-tree.

MaxAstro
March 14th, 2021, 19:54
Being able to hide the items in a container would be a huge QoL improvement for large inventories, definitely. Honestly I'd take that over having tabs. That and having some way to either disable the Bulk from coins or "assign" it to a bag of holding (for when PCs are carting around thousands of coins in a bag of holding) would be my two biggest requests for improving the inventories of high level characters.

Willot
March 14th, 2021, 21:18
A redesign of the inventory system would probably be best handled at the FG coalface rather than a specific ruleset, so all people could benefit.
A post in the tavern sub-forum might be worth a go.
Unless it is added to the Pathfinder 2e ruleset only so we could lord it over the other rulesets.
"Oh yes we have full collapsible tabs and fully functional containers over here in PF2e. But don't worry I'm sure your 5e developers will get to it one day :rolleyes:

Weissrolf
March 14th, 2021, 21:40
Isn't that what 5E does from time to time? ;)

Trenloe
March 16th, 2021, 20:06
...and having some way to either disable the Bulk from coins or "assign" it to a bag of holding (for when PCs are carting around thousands of coins in a bag of holding) ...
Coming to a test channel near you soon...

https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=44924

MaxAstro
March 16th, 2021, 21:36
Trenloe, have I mentioned my deep, enduring love for you?

Trenloe
March 16th, 2021, 21:43
Trenloe, have I mentioned my deep, enduring love for you?
I may have missed it... you can say it again! ;)

Sorry if sometimes requests don't get acknowledged and then months go by and suddenly they appear (sometimes). I have sooooo many plans for the ruleset that I try not to go off on tangents as it breaks my focus. But when I'm working in a similar area I tend to remember things like this and see if they can be implemented. I was working on a fix for bulk not displaying correctly in the inventory tab and while investigating the code I saw how relatively straight forward it would be do add this in. So I did!

MaxAstro
March 16th, 2021, 22:18
Between that and being able to sort abilities by level, that's two big requests of mine I didn't expect to see anytime soon, in this update. Awesome, awesome stuff.

Trenloe
March 16th, 2021, 22:32
Between that and being able to sort abilities by level, that's two big requests of mine I didn't expect to see anytime soon, in this update. Awesome, awesome stuff.
Cool! :)