PDA

View Full Version : FGU - SWD - Powers not allowing damage values

tpkurilla
March 13th, 2021, 21:13
method #1:

1) drop Bolt power into Powers list on character
2) create a sub-power and name it Mega Bolt
3) Can see no way at all to enter Damage values for the sub power; cannot even open the description of the sub-power

method #2:
1) right-click to make a new Power
2) open the description of the sub-power (click on the invisible icon near the right side; invisible icons are another topic...)
3) No "Damage" field to enter any damage; cannot even drop dice onto the Damage box.

My SWADE Deadlands campaign has multiple characters with these sorts of special sub-attacks/sub-powers, but I entered them using FGC before copying the campaign over to my FGU campaign folder.

Does FGU have a way to actually enter damage for a Power? If not, why not?

I realized that some times error messages would show up, so I've attached the logs just in case.

TomtheBu
March 13th, 2021, 22:39
Hi,

A right-click in the newly created sub-power opens a radial menu. There is one menu point called attack info, where you can enter attack and damage relevant things as damage, AP, range, keywords etc.

IceBear
March 13th, 2021, 23:02
I know the invisible icon goes away if you close and reopen the window. I haven't noticed the missing damage field in FGU (also not using SWD only SWADE). Maybe the damage field will appear after closing and reopening the window?

IceBear
March 13th, 2021, 23:54
Yes, the attack info method is the way to enter it from my testing (sorry, haven't created subpowers in awhile). The invisible icon thing came with the big patch a few weeks back...guessing it'll get corrected shortly, but closing and reopening it will fix it

tpkurilla
March 14th, 2021, 01:48
Hi,

A right-click in the newly created sub-power opens a radial menu. There is one menu point called attack info, where you can enter attack and damage relevant things as damage, AP, range, keywords etc.

That got it. Thank you very much for the help!

Makes no sense to *not* have a Damage field in the power pup-up...but at least I know how to do it now.