PDA

View Full Version : Question About Token Mods

TaoJones
March 13th, 2021, 20:31
Howdy all,

As a quick up-front, I'm new to Fantasy Grounds and am using the FGU platform.

I purchased a Devin Night token pack bundle within Fantasy Grounds, and I want to re-name some of the tokens so I can search for them more easily in my Assets.

What is the best way to open and work with the MOD file to do this?

Thanks!

superteddy57
March 13th, 2021, 20:36
Howdy all,

As a quick up-front, I'm new to Fantasy Grounds and am using the FGU platform.

I purchased a Devin Night token pack bundle within Fantasy Grounds, and I want to re-name some of the tokens so I can search for them more easily in my Assets.

What is the best way to open and work with the MOD file to do this?

Thanks!

I believe most of those modules are vaulted and not editable. Since these are not records, they can't be changed within FG and would need to update and change the name of the file itself of the token.

TaoJones
March 13th, 2021, 21:34
I guess that's what I mean.
I know I can't edit them within FG, but is there a way to open the MOD file outside of FG and edit it directly?

superteddy57
March 13th, 2021, 21:35
I guess that's what I mean.
I know I can't edit them within FG, but is there a way to open the MOD file outside of FG and edit it directly?

When a module or ruleset is 'vaulted' it is encrypted and not editable.

TaoJones
March 13th, 2021, 22:18
Ah. Well then...
That's unfortunate. I guess I'll just be using tokens from 3rd party vendors in the future.

Kelrugem
March 13th, 2021, 23:27
Ah. Well then...
That's unfortunate. I guess I'll just be using tokens from 3rd party vendors in the future.

I believe I once read that Devin gives you the token packs if you purchased it from FG :) One just needs to contact Devin with soom proof of purchase. But I am not sure anymore, however, it won't hurt to contact them :D

TaoJones
March 14th, 2021, 03:46
I believe I once read that Devin gives you the token packs if you purchased it from FG :) One just needs to contact Devin with soom proof of purchase. But I am not sure anymore, however, it won't hurt to contact them :D

That's nice to know.

I also found this old thread in the archives, and it worked for me:
https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?14028-How-to-edit-mod-files

Kelrugem
March 14th, 2021, 03:52
That's nice to know.

I also found this old thread in the archives, and it worked for me:
https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?14028-How-to-edit-mod-files

If I see it correctly, then this thread is about .mod files, those are not encrypted files; so, seemingly you were lucky then and these modules are seemingly not encrypted :) (so, if a module is in a .mod file, then it is not encrypted)