PDA

View Full Version : Mask mode with LOS?

Seems
March 13th, 2021, 14:29
Is it possible to combine mask mode with LOS? My group is making their way through the various levels of Scarwall in Curse of the Crimson Throne and we're absolutely loving LOS. However, when they leave a map for another level but then return to it later on, they've lost visibility of the areas they've currently explored. Is there a way to either save the LOS map state or, alternatively, use mask mode and reveal the areas they've already explored? I imagine this would conflict with LOS functionality?

Thanks for any suggestions!

Zacchaeus
March 13th, 2021, 15:18
You can use the mask mode as well as LoS. See video two here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?55797-How-do-I-in-Unity&p=492112#post492112

You can't save or get back the LoS once a token is removed from a map.

Seems
March 13th, 2021, 16:59
Thanks Zacchaeus! I was hoping that combining the two would allow me to go into the maps and pre-reveal the areas they've already been through, but that doesn't look possible. I'll have them move their tokens through the applicable areas. It's just one of those areas where you have a lot of vertical movement and switching back and forth between maps. Otherwise, LOS has been great!

LordEntrails
March 13th, 2021, 17:09
For areas that have vertical movement, i.e. multiple floors, I put them on the floors on the same image. And just put a wall LOS around the outside of the floors. This keeps the tokens and LOS on the same map so you can go back and forth as desired. No need to open different maps etc.

Seems
March 13th, 2021, 17:18
For areas that have vertical movement, i.e. multiple floors, I put them on the floors on the same image. And just put a wall LOS around the outside of the floors. This keeps the tokens and LOS on the same map so you can go back and forth as desired. No need to open different maps etc.

Is that possible using the pre-existing maps for Crimson Throne, particularly since the Scarwall maps are already quite large? Would I lose the room and encounter links? (TBH, I haven't worked with maps at all so I would need to study up on how to do so, which is perfectly fine!)

LordEntrails
March 13th, 2021, 17:43
I don't have that module, so not sure. But I would think you could make a new image, and then place both/all of the previous images into the new one. Might not copy LOS, never tried.

Seems
March 13th, 2021, 17:48
I'll look into it - thanks!