PDA

View Full Version : LOS Pit - don't fall into the trap I did

SilentRuin
March 12th, 2021, 03:33
I've had a pit failing to work. I finally figured out the cause. If the Pit LOS definition (which I had separate map tool entry from other LOS) occurs after my general LOS definition - it fails. People can walk over the open trap at will - it simply will not work. Putting the Pit LOS entry before the General LOS entry and the pit works.

I have no idea why this is - what circumstances if any cause it - but it for sure happens in my 4x4 tunnel system with wall lines bordering it and pit in a 4x4 square within it.

Took a while to figure out after was told it was not happening for anyone else.

Moon Wizard
March 12th, 2021, 03:47
Can you show a picture of the occluder view of the map area where it happens?

Thanks,
JPG

Moon Wizard
March 12th, 2021, 04:22
I got picture from Discord; and posting here for @cpinder to see as part of report.

Thanks,
JPG

SilentRuin
March 12th, 2021, 15:42
I got picture from Discord; and posting here for @cpinder to see as part of report.

Thanks,
JPG

So frustrating. Now that I move it to test again the pit has stopped working. Any clue as to what is causing this? I can experiment around trying to get it to work again but it would be helpful to know why the player does not get stuck. I should point out the host never gets stuck in it.

I should also point out even when it works if you are in locked movement for the map - when the host approves a player moving over the pit his token will stop in his map - while the host token will move right on past and they no longer appear in synch.

And yes, the original version that was copied to TEST from LIVE, still works.

Moon Wizard
March 12th, 2021, 16:36
We'll have to wait for @cpinder to take a look. He's been crunching to get the vision/lighting build out; so it may be a bit before he has a chance to review. It's being tracked in our task system.

Thanks,
JPG

SilentRuin
March 15th, 2021, 14:57
Is there any chance at all that someone can tell me a workaround to fix this? Have a game in TEST tonight to test some stuff and I'd prefer not have to manually stop them in the pit.

pindercarl
March 15th, 2021, 16:25
Is there any chance at all that someone can tell me a workaround to fix this? Have a game in TEST tonight to test some stuff and I'd prefer not have to manually stop them in the pit.

I'll need a copy of the campaign and the name of the map with the issue.

SilentRuin
March 15th, 2021, 17:08
I'll need a copy of the campaign and the name of the map with the issue.

Sent you PM asking where I should put the zip.

LordEntrails
March 15th, 2021, 17:25
Sent you PM asking where I should put the zip.
either upload to a cloud folder and send to link, or upload via the support portal.