PDA

View Full Version : Re-mask LOS layer?

Atracious
March 11th, 2021, 22:47
I've had it happen a couple of times where I haven't noticed a player moved through a wall and revealed stuff they weren't supposed to see, so I can't just Ctrl-z to undo the movement and the reveal.
Is there a way to manually re-mask an area in/behind the walls on the LOS layer?

Fear Grounds
March 11th, 2021, 23:07
Probably not the best answer but what I do is turn LOS off and back on. Should probably unshare the map first, before resetting LOS. Sometimes I actually remember to unshare first. My players usually don't even notice since I try to distract them. LOL

Zacchaeus
March 11th, 2021, 23:07
Players can’t move through walls. You can right click on a token and select reset LOS. But as I say token movement stops when it hits a wall occluder so the question is how is a token moving through a wall?

LordEntrails
March 11th, 2021, 23:46
You can also add a manual mask to hide the revealed area.

Atracious
March 12th, 2021, 01:21
Players can’t move through walls. You can right click on a token and select reset LOS. But as I say token movement stops when it hits a wall occluder so the question is how is a token moving through a wall?

I know that characters can't normally, but I've had a couple occasions where somehow they have seen inside a wall anyways, which is the main reason for this topic. Resetting LOS can be a pain if it's a larger and more intricate map, but it is what I've been doing.

You can also add a manual mask to hide the revealed area.

I can't seem to add a mask when using LOS, so is there something I'm missing to do that?

LordEntrails
March 12th, 2021, 01:44
I can't seem to add a mask when using LOS, so is there something I'm missing to do that?
Go into the map editing panel, select the mask icon in the upper right (1), click the enable mask (plus) icon (2). That will mask the entire map. Then reveal the areas you want (the whole map) by click the Hide Area button (3), draw the area you want to conceal.