PDA

View Full Version : Selected Token "Ring"

Gigermann
March 11th, 2021, 05:38
(FGU) Can anyone tell me where this "ring" selection graphic exists? I want to change it, but I can't find the damned thing anywhere in the PAKs

Arghun
March 11th, 2021, 15:50
How do you unzip the PAK files ? When I've tried they were password protected. Disregard I tried uzipping the .dat files by accident :-)

Moon Wizard
March 11th, 2021, 17:38
It's not part of the graphics in the ruleset. It's a ring that is colored based on "player color" for tokens linked to PCs that are connected to the game; or "faction color" for all other tokens. There is an API in the CoreRPG layer scripts that sets this color using a tokeninstance.setColor API. Any extensions that change this would need to modify the core scripts; so would need to be monitored for updates to the ruleset code.

Regards,
JPG

Gigermann
March 11th, 2021, 20:41
It's not part of the graphics in the ruleset. It's a ring that is colored based on "player color" for tokens linked to PCs that are connected to the game; or "faction color" for all other tokens. There is an API in the CoreRPG layer scripts that sets this color using a tokeninstance.setColor API. Any extensions that change this would need to modify the core scripts; so would need to be monitored for updates to the ruleset code.

Regards,
JPGThat's definitely something I wouldn't want to have to customize that way if I didn't have to.

I don't suppose there's any intention to move that somewhere the visuals can be normally/easily modified? With the "irregularly shaped" top-down tokens we typically use, the ring looks terrible.

Moon Wizard
March 11th, 2021, 21:16
The ring is dynamically created as is not customizable. The only thing that is customizable via scripting is the color.

JPG