PDA

View Full Version : 5e Unity - Exporting modules does not includ updated new pins on maps or new stories

rkjanik
March 11th, 2021, 04:26
So, for the past few days I've been updating my own adventure in a unique FGU session with little to no assets loaded (mostly modules required for monsters, spells, etc. so that I can duplicate entries for inclusion in the module). When I re-export the module, it updates the file, but when I open the module in another session (the one from which I run the game), the module doesn't reflect any of the changes/updates. Typically, overwriting the file has never caused issues in the past. Now suddenly, I have to rename the old file then export. It is the only way the module retains anything correctly, and even yet the one consistent error is any "new" pins are never included on the maps, no matter what I do.
I've stabilized everything I can per the bug reporting section, and eliminated any variables that may cause the issue. These errors still happen.

Scenario: Exporting an existing module update creates repeatable issues including:
1. Newly placed pins in the update do not export on maps/images. Repeatable.
2. Newly created stories in the update do not consistently export. Repeatable.

Workaround (fixes stories only, pins still do not export)
1. Rename the old module file.
2. Export the updated module file using the original module file name.

Has anyone else experienced these issues? I've searched elsewhere in this forum, but haven't found anything similar.

Zacchaeus
March 11th, 2021, 13:32
No, I'm not seeing that. I tested as follows:

1) Started a new campaign and imported an image
2) Created a story entry and pinned it to the image
3) Exported to a module selecting all
4) Opened the module in another new campaign and find that it has exported correctly
5) Went back into the first campaign and added a second image and a second story entry
6) Pinned the second story to both the original image and the new one then exported selecting all again
7) Opened the second campaign and see that all images story and pins exported correctly.

So make sure that you are not opening the exported module in the campaign that you are creating in otherwise that could cause you issues by updating the wrong image.

rkjanik
March 11th, 2021, 17:06
Thanks Zacchaeus. I'll chalk it up to unexplained user error. I suspect I may have altered the image name or something and it caused confusion in the database.

Thanks for checking my sanity amidst everything else you have going on. It is greatly appreciated!

Ron