PDA

View Full Version : d20 Modern Ruleset for FG2?

thrylax
July 1st, 2007, 20:17
I have been trying to find a d20 Modern ruleset that will work with FG2 without success. Although I am playing around with making my own rulesets, I would like to be able to do some d20 Modern quite a bit sooner than it would take me to get custom rulesets figured out. I have seen some for FG1 here and there, but none that will work with FG2. Is there someone somewhere that is working on a FG2 ruleset for d20 Modern?

Kalan
July 1st, 2007, 20:32
I have been trying to find a d20 Modern ruleset that will work with FG2 without success. Although I am playing around with making my own rulesets, I would like to be able to do some d20 Modern quite a bit sooner than it would take me to get custom rulesets figured out. I have seen some for FG1 here and there, but none that will work with FG2. Is there someone somewhere that is working on a FG2 ruleset for d20 Modern?

Digital Adventures is working on updating our MSRD (d20 Modern) ruleset to be compatible with FGII, I don't know how its coming along, all I can say is that it is progressing.

Thore Ironrock can probably shed a little more light on it ;) When he's not busy gettin ready for gen con :)

Thore_Ironrock
July 1st, 2007, 21:12

Our ruleset should be done within the next month or two. The release will be announced to the forums. ;)

thrylax
July 1st, 2007, 21:39
Thanks for the input....looking forward to it. By the way, I'm still new to Fantasy Grounds so I have a question if I may. If I purchase the d20 Modern ruleset, will my players need to buy a copy also, or will having it installed only on the host rig work just fine?

ProfMarks
August 10th, 2007, 04:58
New to the VTT world, and I've just picked up FGII primarily for the Savage World playset, but I'm interested in the development on the D20 modern set. did Digital Adventures release their pack yet?

Griogre
August 10th, 2007, 05:04
I don't think Digital Adventures has released Modern for FG2 yet. You might want to look at this thread: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?t=5907

ProfMarks
August 10th, 2007, 05:24
Thanks Grigore,

As I dig through the posts, I'm finding answers to a few of these questions. Should have searched more before posting. Thanks for the link! Do you happen to know if the DA mods work with the lite licenses?

Waldo Pepper
August 10th, 2007, 14:11
I can't say definitely but I would guess the answer to that is "No" since the rulesets are designed to be used by the GM - thus you need a full license to access and fully manipulate them. Lite licenses are only for players who don't need to perform any GM actions: Thus loading maps, pulling up rules, and such isn't an option AFAIK.

Valarian
August 10th, 2007, 14:35
Client modules are available to both players and the GM as long as they are loaded locally. The other types, common and database, are for the full version only as they're controlled by the GM. Hopefully, DA will produce a Modern Basic Rules module as a client module for use by players and GMs. The other modules (Modern Arcana etc.) would probably be GM modules.