PDA

View Full Version : Anyone interested in Castles & Crusades?

The Velvet Souljah
July 1st, 2007, 15:19
I am just trying to take the temperature of folks out there. I would prefer to play as a player, but if necessary, would DM (although new at that, so patience will be required :D ).

Love to hear from you.

OU4evr
July 1st, 2007, 16:25
Yeah, i'd be interested in playing. I just bought a CandC a couple of weeks ago a really dig it. you get something ready and ill play. don't worry about being new. I'm new too and I'm anxious to try online gaming out.:)

Thore_Ironrock
July 1st, 2007, 21:14
I am just trying to take the temperature of folks out there. I would prefer to play as a player, but if necessary, would DM (although new at that, so patience will be required :D ).

Love to hear from you.

FYI ... our officially licensed C&C ruleset is nearly done and should be released within the next two months. As soon as I can find it I can post a screenshot to the forums. :)

The Velvet Souljah
July 2nd, 2007, 03:14
FYI ... our officially licensed C&C ruleset is nearly done and should be released within the next two months. As soon as I can find it I can post a screenshot to the forums. :)

Thanks, but not interested. Best of luck to you.

daddystabz
July 14th, 2007, 07:07
I'm VERY interested!! Is this set up now?

Belizan
July 14th, 2007, 10:35
At the risk of getting roasted, mm, what's C&C?

The Velvet Souljah
July 14th, 2007, 13:47
At the risk of getting roasted, mm, what's C&C?

No roasting... :D

C&C is Castles & Crusades from Troll Lord Games. Essentially, it is a much simpler and faster version of d20 that strips away a lot of the complexity that tends to (in my personal opinion) bog down d20 play. Lots of folks have likened C&C to a "cleaned up" version of 1st Edition D&D.

I personally like it because it puts the rules in the background and forces characters to really roleplay their characters. In other words, players tend to stop thinking in terms of abilities and feats and feat-chains and start thinking that "my character would do this...its not on the character sheet, but this is what he would try to do."

C&C's detractors would say that because of the absence of rules (when compared to D&D 3.5), the system relies heavily on "DM fiat" which takes a lot of control out of the players' hands. Personally, I think that if that is a problem in your game, the problem is in the interpersonal relationships between DM and players and the lack of trust - the abuse of the ruleset is probably just a symptom of that problem.

There is a free quickstart ruleset available online (https://www.trolllord.com/newsite/cnc/ccqs.html). If you're interested you should check it out. If you are still interested, I would be happy to run a one-shot for folks using FG/Skype.

Hope that helped a bit.

daddystabz
July 14th, 2007, 18:05
C&C > D&d 3.5

Vastly

Belizan
July 14th, 2007, 21:23
Thanks, I will check it out 8).