PDA

View Full Version : Player Story Folders

dQnielk
March 10th, 2021, 09:14
My players are unable to create folders in the Story tab like I (the GM) can. They are all basic users, no paid versions. Is this an intentional feature?

Is there a better way than Stories for them to get campaign information that they can sort or organize to their needs/wants? Or do they need to create Notes with links or something (which seems like Story folders with extra steps.)

Karnas
March 10th, 2021, 10:29
I dunno, I'm not sure any of VTTs actually allow players to organize things themselves anywhere other than their character sheet. So far I've played on Roll20, Foundry and FG, and I believe in all three it's up to DM to create handouts and allow players to edit them.
FG has Notes folder for this, where players can create their own notes, but not folders or story entries.
I believe Player Agency extention can help you out with this.

Trenloe
March 10th, 2021, 10:44
As mentioned by Karnas, players can't create category groups within Notes, nor do they have access to the groups of shared records - shared content is in a general category so that the source name isn't shown, as that could give away spoilers.

If the players want to organise some of the shared story entries then the main option is, as you mention, to create a notes entry and drag links to that entry.

damned
March 10th, 2021, 12:47
It is a technical consideration with permissions to write to the database among other things.
It would be nice for players to have folders but they cannot and I dont think Ive heard of any plans to try and enable this.

Player Agency was mentioned. It doesnt allow you to organise data in the manner you wish but it does add a degree of collaboration to some records so that both players (or multiple players) and GM can add content to records.

Milmoor
March 15th, 2021, 08:44
https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?61349-Mad-Nomad-s-Character-Sheet-Tweaks gives the option of keeping a journal. The players get an extra tab where they can link to notes and stories, plus they can add their own journal entries. Player Agency offers good possibilities as well, though I'm not using it yet as much as I thought I would.