PDA

View Full Version : FGU Updater doesnt get acces to the Application or Data directory

maxmax1222
March 9th, 2021, 16:03
For a few weeks now, i am unable to update or uninstall FGU because the uptdater doesnt get acces to the Application or Data directory.
If i attempt to fix the permissions it fails to do so. Does anyone know how i can fix this problem?
Even while editing my campaigns i get error messages all the time, so i want to reinstall FGU.

LordEntrails
March 9th, 2021, 16:13
Welcome to the forums.

This is usually caused by your security software preventing the folder permissions being changed. Check your security software and whitelist FG and the folders.

Karnas
March 9th, 2021, 16:25
Welcome to the forums.

This is usually caused by your security software preventing the folder permissions being changed. Check your security software and whitelist FG and the folders.

One of my potential players freaked out and refused to use the FG outright because of this. Could it be possible to somehow streamline the installation process?

Moon Wizard
March 9th, 2021, 17:06
If users install using the default folder location and behaviors, and accept the dialog to install (just like other applications do); then it behaves just like any other program install where the OS access control (such as Windows UAC) queries user to install at the beginning.

If the user changes location or blocks the installer from setting up correctly, then there's nothing that our installer can do. The user has changed or blocked the installer.

I suggest having the player manually delete the folders specified in the Settings; and run a brand new install. Also, make sure to use the default install locations; since those are saved in the OS registry (and they might have changed).

Default folder locations for Windows:
App Folder Default = "C:\Program Files\SmiteWorks\Fantasy Grounds\"
Data Folder Default = "C:\Users\<UserName>\AppData\Roaming\SmiteWorks\Fantasy Grounds\"

If they're running on Mac or Linux, I'll have to ask our Mac/Linux developer where the defaults are located.

Regards,
JPG