PDA

View Full Version : Some weird LOS things I saw tonight in my game

SilentRuin
March 9th, 2021, 04:38
This first one I've seen before: Black screen for one player only. They had to exit and come back in to resolve it.
Is there a cause for this that I can tell them to avoid? I've heard about this one before and heard this workaround before - and also some theories of some kind of clicking to background windows and such causing this - but none of these things happened. Is there a known cause for this that can be avoided - or some kind of fix in the works?

The second one I've also seen before: Player moved and token was duplicated. Host moving token back and forth fixed.
Same question is there a know cause that I can tell them to avoid? Is a fix in the works?

Never seen this one before: Black map and grid off map seen through LOS blockage - only happened to one player. Tried to remove them from CT and put them back in map but for this one player they could always see through a solid line LOS wall into the black map gridded empty space beyond in one direction. Is there something that causes this? Is there a work around for it?

Coin transfers. Is there some trick I'm missing about moving coins out of/into charsheet inventory, party sheet inventory, or parcels that I'm missing? It seems horrifically difficult to do. I drag number - its just dumb number unaware of it being a type of coin. I drag coin text and its just a string. Is there something special I need to do to easily and simply move coins out of these places and into another?

Moon Wizard
March 9th, 2021, 17:14
* It sounds like the token didn't get marked as owned by their user for some reason. This can happen if the token isn't linked with CT. Did you drag and drop from CT? Or drag from elsewhere (such as from another map)?

* We've been trying to recreate the duplicated token issue. We addressed some instances of it last year, that we were able to reproduce. If you can reproduce at all, that would be great; otherwise, we haven't been able to recreate or locate here.

* I have no idea what you are describing here for the third one. I would just ask for a screen snip (Windows key + Shift + S).

* There's no "coin" drag type. They are just numbers and strings. The party sheet distribution is the only automated coin distribution.

Regards,
JPG

SilentRuin
March 9th, 2021, 17:30
* It sounds like the token didn't get marked as owned by their user for some reason. This can happen if the token isn't linked with CT. Did you drag and drop from CT? Or drag from elsewhere (such as from another map)?

I tried removing it from the CT and the map - replacing it from the CT - and still they saw black. Only when the player exited and came back in did the problem go away.

* We've been trying to recreate the duplicated token issue. We addressed some instances of it last year, that we were able to reproduce. If you can reproduce at all, that would be great; otherwise, we haven't been able to recreate or locate here.

All I know is it happened twice. I believe both times it was after I had approved their movement in a art subscription created tunnel corridor with LOS wall lines on both sides of the tunnel/corridor. The players all claimed they could see a duplicate of the players token off to the side someplace (I could not see this on host). I moved the token in question back and forth and it corrected the problem. It was definitely random as they had plenty of movement in that map and it never happened except those two times. Make me think its network related - but not sure.

* I have no idea what you are describing here for the third one. I would just ask for a screen snip (Windows key + Shift + S).

Well they shared their screen so I could see it but I did not screen shot it. Let me try to describe it again as simply as I can. Make a rectangular room and place a grid on it for 5ft per square and make it visible. Enclose that space with Wall LOS lines. All the space outside of that room is black grid space. Nothing. Undefined. This one character saw that undefined space (black with gridlines) through one side of the wall. I moved other chars to same place - they could not see through the LOS Wall lines to the empty space beyond - but the one player always could. I tried removing him from MAP/CT and putting him back in - he could still see through that one wall. I have no explanations for it. Again map was created with map tool and art subscription stuff to create walls etc.

* There's no "coin" drag type. They are just numbers and strings. The party sheet distribution is the only automated coin distribution.

Yeah what I was afraid of. I'll make up something for it later. Maybe a link for each coin entry.

Moon Wizard
March 9th, 2021, 18:54
The best way for me to provide feedback to @cpinder to get these items fixed is to a) have a screenshot showing the issue, and b) have a set of steps to reproduce.

Obviously, I realize that some of these issues do not seem to happen in a reproducible fashion; but any screen snips or information on steps can sometimes help point us in the right direction. (And the simpler the steps, the better, if you find a set of steps to reproduce.)

Thanks,
JPG

SilentRuin
March 9th, 2021, 19:00
The best way for me to provide feedback to @cpinder to get these items fixed is to a) have a screenshot showing the issue, and b) have a set of steps to reproduce.

Obviously, I realize that some of these issues do not seem to happen in a reproducible fashion; but any screen snips or information on steps can sometimes help point us in the right direction. (And the simpler the steps, the better, if you find a set of steps to reproduce.)

Thanks,
JPG

Understood. If it happens again I'll try to capture data.