PDA

View Full Version : LOS Toggleable Objects not working

RavenLupo
March 8th, 2021, 09:33
I was trying to set up a map when I realized that I can't toggle any form of wall. I had problems before (I didn't even know that it is somehow possible to allow your players to toggle for example doors) but now it isn't working at all. I don't know whether or not the normal LOS walls work at all as I didn't have the opportunity to test it with my players yet. The Problem also occurs when I load one of the DMGs maps with toggleable objects.
I couldn't really find anything online that was helpful.

Zacchaeus
March 8th, 2021, 09:45
Welcome to FG.

I''m not seeing any issues. Can you point to specific maps with specific objects - perhaps with some screenshots - that might help to narrow your issue down.

Also note that maps specified as being for the DM do not have LoS enabled - only player maps have LoS.

RavenLupo
March 8th, 2021, 11:22
Every map has the problem that toggleable objects do not work. Usually when you hover over the object there should be an "open/close" button appearing or not?

For example when I set up a door with the LOS tool I should be able to "open and close" them from the play tab or am I wrong?

The doors in the screenshot are not toggleable. Same goes for any other object that usually should be toggleable.
https://i.gyazo.com/0ecc4d00b6bb80376ff4da7a4e697d20.jpg

If you need screenshots of anything else please tell since I am pretty new to FGU

I have no idea how I set something as a player or a DM map.

Zacchaeus
March 8th, 2021, 12:31
Yes. You should be able to hover over a door and it should highlight and you can then click it to open it in player view. The DM can also hold SHIFT and click to lock/unlock the door.

RavenLupo
March 8th, 2021, 12:58
Exactly. The highlight thingy I know but it doesn't work anymore for me and that is my key problem.

LordEntrails
March 8th, 2021, 16:44
Can you upload your logs please? The link in my signature has information on how to do that :)

RavenLupo
March 9th, 2021, 08:23
I have the logs in the attachment.

Zacchaeus
March 9th, 2021, 10:37
I've just assumed this but just to check; you do have a player token on the map when you are testing this?

RavenLupo
March 9th, 2021, 10:59
No I didn't. But I have added one now and it works just fine now. Rookie mistake I guess ^^'

Thanks a lot for the help :D