PDA

View Full Version : Renaming Tabs

mr_h
June 30th, 2007, 00:27
Been looking around for this and haven't been able to find it. I am modifying the default d20 character sheet as a start for my own rulesets charsheet. I would like to rename the tabs on the side, so that instead of saying Main, Combat, Skills, Abilities, Inventory, Spells, and Notes they say something like: Bio, Vitals, Skills, Combat, Gear, and Covers.

I can not for the life of me find what script or xml thing handles the naming portion of the tabs. Any help out there?

Thanks
H
(Sure to have many, many more questions :b)

mr_h
June 30th, 2007, 00:40
Ya know, it never fails. I ask a question, then I turn back to look at the code and viola, the answer is staring right back at me......

Nevermind :D

Malovech
February 28th, 2008, 01:34
Ya know, it never fails. I ask a question, then I turn back to look at the code and viola, the answer is staring right back at me......

Nevermind :D

Where did you find this? I still can't find it.

mr_h
February 28th, 2008, 01:37
Wow, it's been a long time since I toyed with it. When I get a chance I'll dive into my files and take a look and see if I Can tell ya.

Toadwart
February 28th, 2008, 04:27
Yeah I can't recall exactly where they live either but if worst comes to worst just open each xml file and search for the name of one of the tabs. Might take awhile if you get a lot of hits but eventually you'll come across the bit of code you are looking for :square:

Hmm, actually now I think about it I think they might be static images. Have a look in the icons folder and see if there are images for them, then search for those filenames in graphics_icons.xml, and finally search the other xml files for the name used for those images...

I'd do it for ya but I'm stuchk at work.

Is it just me or does work suck ?

sloejack
February 28th, 2008, 05:07
Been looking around for this and haven't been able to find it. I am modifying the default d20 character sheet as a start for my own rulesets charsheet. I would like to rename the tabs on the side, so that instead of saying Main, Combat, Skills, Abilities, Inventory, Spells, and Notes they say something like: Bio, Vitals, Skills, Combat, Gear, and Covers.

I can not for the life of me find what script or xml thing handles the naming portion of the tabs. Any help out there?

What you're looking for is scattered across many files.
charsheet.xml -> points to the various xml files that containe the contents of the various sub windows those tabs reference. If you're changing the names of the tabs and the names of the files they are built with, you'll need to update the includefile entries.

charsheet_toplevel.xml -> This is where the subwindows and tabs are defined. Note that the tabcontrol section references the previously defined subwindow (subwindow targeting the defined class in the afore mentioned charsheet.xml includes) and the icon.

graphics.xml -> has the definitions for the tab icons (names) [starting around line 210], and so you'll need to create new graphics with which to label the tabs with the new names for your ruleset.

Hope that helps.

sloejack
February 28th, 2008, 05:07
Is it just me or does work suck ?

If work was fun, they wouldn't have to pay you.

mr_h
February 28th, 2008, 12:28
Yeah, I think sloejack has it. The tabs were images, so you had to redo those.
The file 'charsheet.xml' is where the tabs 'sheets' are named.

With his info above, that should get you where you need to be.

Toadwart
February 28th, 2008, 18:44
If work was fun, they wouldn't have to pay you.

Guess it's a necessary evil. How else could I afford all those gaming supplements https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/images/icons/icon6.gif

sloejack
February 28th, 2008, 22:22
Yeah, I think sloejack has it. The tabs were images, so you had to redo those.
The file 'charsheet.xml' is where the tabs 'sheets' are named.

With his info above, that should get you where you need to be.

The real question I have related to this is, what font are the tab images done in? I need to replace one of the tabs with a new name for my SR ruleset but would like to keep the font. Conversely if I can't figure it out I'll probably end up redoing all of them just so they look the same.

mr_h
February 28th, 2008, 22:45
I couldn't match the font on mine either, but since my tabs were named completely different things, I ended up changing it to something else.
One of the devs might know what it is :/

Foen
February 29th, 2008, 06:04
Comic Sans is a close match, the differences aren't apparent unless you look quite hard.

Stuart