PDA

View Full Version : Secrets of Greenwold Campaign Looking for Players

RoyOII
March 7th, 2021, 04:20
Realm Background

Trade between the Greenwold and neighboring realms has always been a hazardous affair - nevertheless gold is a powerful incentive to brave the dangers of the road. Nothing speaks of this more then the Old Trade Road - the oldest and longest road in the realm.

The Old Trade Road , also known as the Long Road, was established between Grayhaven and Mara in ancient days. Mara was a prosperous city-state with a proud and illustrious history stretching back into the mists of time. Situated in the Midlands - a realm far to the east of Greenwold- Mara acted as the crossroads of the world in its heyday, connecting merchants and travelers from many lands.

The most prosperous of these roads was the route from Mara to Grayhaven. The great wealth of the city on the sea, and its hunger for fine goods, meant a steady flow of coin to Mara - and a steady need for guards. The dark forest bordering the road has always been a haunt for bold goblins, hungry wolves, territorial elves, and other threats. The route quickly earned a reputation as a training ground for heroes and knights. Any bard worth their salt can recite a dozen tales that begin with a caravan setting off down the Old Trade Road.

These days, the once great city of Mara has fallen in its fortunes, a sad shadow of its former self, however the Old Trade Road persists. The young and daring can still be found starting out their journey from the Heroes' Gate in the city, ready for fresh adventure and new horizons.

I have FGU Ultimate with all the essential 5e D&D books

Campaign Type: Episodic
Campaign Length: Completion of the 24 modules
Game Frequency: Weekly Mondays evenings 8:00 - 10:00 (EST)
Primary Language: English
Camera Needed: No
Audio: Yes (headset recommended) - Discord

Player Experience Level: Beginner or Experienced
GM Experience Level: Medium
GM Fantasy Grounds Knowledge: Low to Medium
Roleplaying Level: Medium
Combat Level: Medium
Puzzle Level: Low
Mature Content (18+): Yes

OTHER GAME DETAILS
Starting Level: 1
Ending Level: 20
Character Restrictions: Neutral and Good alignment, official classes and races

Game Calendar link https://www.fantasygrounds.com/calendar/?id=5934

Henmen
March 7th, 2021, 15:31
Are Volos and tashas available?

RoyOII
March 7th, 2021, 22:12
Tashas is the only essential book that I don't have, but will purchase before the first night.

Henmen
March 7th, 2021, 23:07
Awesome, though I don’t know if it is a thing but I was in a session with someone that didn’t have tashas but I do and it weirdly showed up in their library as well, at least the player one did. So if something you want to try and explore before the first night let me know so you wouldn’t have to buy it if you do not want to.

Alyxial
March 8th, 2021, 00:41
Definitely interested :)

Reeman326
March 8th, 2021, 05:28
I am extremely interested in joining! Fully willing to follow your instructions, I will make a character that fits within the alignments you ask. Look forward to a fun campaign and great rp.

HiredGun
March 8th, 2021, 06:22
I am also interested in joining. I am an experience mature player, been playing many years. Lots of 5e experience and many other systems. Also have a FGC/FGU Ultimate License with plenty experience.

Hamedan
March 8th, 2021, 22:42
Days and time work great for me. I have been playing FG 5e for about a year now. I grew up on AD&D and 2nd Ed. A long term campaign is what I am looking for. I don't have a preference for class and am willing to adjust to keep the group well rounded. I enjoy some roleplaying and combat. I don't enjoy campaigns built on urban intrigue and espionage.

Thanks for the consideration.

Phithis
March 12th, 2021, 03:12
Seems like a lot of people are interested. I am too! The setting sounds fun. I'll sign up on the calendar and cross my fingers.... Actually, the calendar link isn't working, but definitely interested if there is still a spot.

Sharkness
March 12th, 2021, 18:55
Interested if still available, curious if Unearthed Arcana is playable for this campaign?

RoyOII
March 13th, 2021, 00:29
Thank you all for the interest in the game. Unfortunately all the spots are filled. I will refer back to this thread if spots become available. Who knows with all the interest I may just run it again.

Plutwo
March 18th, 2021, 16:13
FG License: Full

Time Zone: EST

Day(s) of week, frequency, and time: Sunday, Monday, or Tuesday evenings.

Term: Short or Long. I prefer to find a long-term, dedicated group.

Voice: I have used several voice chat programs for years.

Game System Preferred: Any really, as long as the stories are interesting and the group is fun.

Game System Experience: Many years of D&D 3.5 through 5e, Pathfinder, and various Star Wars pen and paper from the d6 all the way to Fantasy Flight Games' pretty dice. I also played a MUD for years called Achaea, a game where, in game terms, speaking out of character was considered insanity. If you openly and repeatedly spewed insanity and ignored warnings from other players long enough, eventually a God (a Moderator) would turn the offending insane person into a shrubbery. Good times.

Fantasy Grounds Experience: About a year.

Character Type Preferred: I enjoy playing a wide variety of characters and always have backups prepared just in case. I keep a folder full of character ideas and concepts I use as inspiration for NPCs that my players will run across or if I need to pull something out of nowhere on the spot.

About me: 33, male, two kids. I feel like a lot of what I would put here is in the "Character Type Preferred" section. I am just a laid back nerd from the Midwest who enjoys hanging out with other like minded people in fantasyland. I am just as at home in the thick of an intense tactical combat as I am roleplaying an evening at a high society gala.