PDA

View Full Version : Changing Map View Size - Odd sizing for PNG files

SirJoe
June 29th, 2007, 05:43
Hey folks,

First, I'd just like to say, FG2 is a sweet product. Very nice work guys.

Running: Win XP Pro - SP2
FG2 - latest patches - check!

I have a rather unusual problem that I can't seem to solve. I have exported vrious maps into both JPG and PNG file formats and placed these into my campaign/images folder.

When opening the JPG files in , I get a map image window about 1/3 the size of the desktop, which is perfect. However, opening the same map's PNG file (which gives MUCH better resolution and retail) gives me an image window about 1/10 of the desktop (it's too small!!!) The window functions perfectly well, but it just too small to be practical. I've tried to find ways to alter the zie of the window but with no luck.

Am I doing something basically wrong, or is there some logic in the code for display of PNG files that I may need to edit?

Best regards,
Sir Joe

Griogre
June 29th, 2007, 08:43
Is it possible you already had a png file by the same name? If so it may be "remembing" it and sizing the frame appropriately.

I'm not sure whether the map is small or the frame.

If it is the frame, I would suggest you just hold down Cntrl and drag the frame to the size you want it.

If it is the picture I would check the resolution of the png file and make sure it is the same as the jpg. Lower resolution pics are often displayed larger, so I would see if the jpg is like 72 dpi and the png like at 96 dpi. If that is the problem change the png to 72.

Kalan
June 29th, 2007, 08:46
I've always had issues with using pngs for map files...I keep getting an invalid file error...anyone know why this could be?