PDA

View Full Version : Equipping Shield bug

Bonkon
March 2nd, 2021, 19:15
Good Day Zacchaeus :)
I have an Artificer in my group and he had Infused a Shield to +1. I saw you had made these items available so I thought I would clean up his home made inventory shield with this nice item you had made. When I equipped it (Of course this is after I deleted his home made one) for some reason it overrode his normal Scale Mail armor class (setting his AC to 10 on the Main tab). The funny thing is, when looking at the Init/Move/Armor window it keeps the armors Stealth Disadvantage box check.

After finally figuring out what happened I tried giving him a pre made +2 shield and the same thing happened. I hope this is not too confusing. :)

Opening an extension free campaign and trying this with a character wearing Chain Mail armor I had the same result.

Moderator: Moved to Unity forum.

Zacchaeus
March 2nd, 2021, 21:34
I can confirm that there is something wrong going on here.

As the OP says equipping a magical shield resets the AC to 10 and no amount of equipping and un-equipping refreshes the AC - it remains firmly stuck on 10. If a non magical shield is equipped at this point the AC goes to 12; however the armour doesn't get added in. If we now remove the magical shield from the inventory then the AC goes to where it should be.

DCrumb
March 3rd, 2021, 02:19
If you have the item as +1 Infused Shield, does that allow it to work correctly?

Zacchaeus
March 3rd, 2021, 10:28
I've found the issue. The shields in Tasha have not been defined as shields in the subtype; so FG doesn't know what they are. I'll get that fixed ASAP.