PDA

View Full Version : Vista: App data folder location?

mearrin69
June 27th, 2007, 07:20
Never mind....about a minute after I posted I found out how to do it (but *no* not for the 10 minutes before I posted...then I was clueless). Mods please remove this post if you can. Sorry.

Griogre
June 27th, 2007, 07:24
Press the start menu, go to FG2 and click Application Data Folder. That will get you there for sure. Depending on how you setup Vista it is likely in C:\users\<YourUserName>\AppData\Roaming\Fantasy Grounds II. Note: AppData is a hidden system holder so you will not see it by default.

mearrin69
June 27th, 2007, 12:36
Heh. Now I feel even *more* stupid :) After I install an app I always move the main icon up out of its install folder so that it's easily accessible, but leave the folder with the uninstall icon and everything else on there. I rarely use anything but the main app icon so I forget what's in the folders. Sure enough, there's the Application Data Folder shortcut. Thanks for the tip...now I can remove the one I created from my desktop.
M

NB: In my defense I *am* laid up in bed taking pain killers right now! ;) Naw, I probably would have had the same problem no matter what :)