PDA

View Full Version : Rappan Athuk Session 36 Open Game Sat Noon PDT GMT-7

Griogre
June 27th, 2007, 07:03
Rappan Athuk is a con open gaming room style campaign. Object is just to “sit down” and have fun exploring a huge old style dungeon. This is a dungeon crawl with “pick up” characters and players. Different character every session? Fine. Can only commit to one session? Great.

I’m looking for 4-6 players a session. If you are free and just want to play some D&D this Saturday come join in the fun at the "granddaddy of all dungeons". The current character level is 8th.

If you want to play jump on over here (https://www.fouruglymonsters.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=35) to my forum at Four Ugly Monsters and read the "stickys" for character creation, campaign details and to sign up for Session 36.

Griogre
June 29th, 2007, 18:55
Just a bump - I still have several seats open if you want to play some D&D on Saturday.

Griogre
July 6th, 2007, 09:15
Albert, Karnac, Athena and Grelk venture into Rappan Athuk, exploring down under a illusionary pond. They find a fungus garden and fight numerous skeletons. In pursuit of a skeleton summoning ooze the party explores several caverns and finds some stairs up and the bodies of several adventurers. They never do catch the ooze. Along the way, Karnac is turned to stone by an encounter with several basilisks. Grelk barely survives an encounter with a wraith just killing it with Athena’s help right before being pulled back to the shrine.

A fair amount of exploring was accomplished despite the rogue being turned to stone. The wraith almost got Grelk right at the end but a magic missile by Athena and a timely hit from Grelk finished it before it could suck all of Grelk’s Con out. Congrats to both Albert and Grelk for going “blue.” [XP 8th 666; XP 10th 416. Treasure 1898 gp, 3 sp.]

Tropico
July 6th, 2007, 14:49
Thanks Griogre for an excellently-paced medium-high level game.

It was massive fun even though I mostly bumbled as a rogue (Like when I called out 'hey!!' from hiding to my teammates and caused the skeleton-dog things to charge me.. what the hell was that lol!) and despite what people say about voice and immersion, the whole thing DID have a really good 'dangerous deep dark cave' feel to it for me.. Largely in part to your command of the rules and ability to keep everything moving constantly.

I really wanted to make the next session but I've scheduled a real-life Savage Worlds "Horror-War Skirmish" session Saturday with some friends.. so I can finally see that system in action and decide if it's for me.. So possibly on the next week we'll see Karnac's twin brother 'Kornoc' make an appearance at Rapan ;)

(PS, Kornoc will very likely have Precise Shot instead of Many Shot so don't worry about that heh ;) )

Griogre
July 6th, 2007, 20:25
I'm glad you enjoyed the game. LOL, I'm not worried about the Many Shot thing I suspect you will remember the difference. :) Precise is probably better for Rogue archers anyway because of the propensity for a archer oriented rogue to want to shoot into melee while biding his time before a flank & sneak.

The nice thing about the RA campaign is I wanted it to be easy to play when you have the time and not have it mess up the players or DM when you couldn't make it. I think that part has worked well.